Saturday, June 15, 2013

Adios Familia y hola Spain

Hola familia!! I made it safely to Madrid. I´m almost done with my first, very LONG day at the MTC! It rocks here! You probably already know this, but my flight out of Seattle was 2 hours delayed which got me into JFK 15 minutes before my flight to Madrid left. The Lord was definitely watching over me because everyone let me run ahead of them off of the plane, and when I asked what gate my flight was leaving from, it was the gate right next to the one I was on! So I booked it over there and made it onto the plane safely seated 10 minutes before we left the gate. There WERE loads of missionaries on my flight which is awesome! We all met up at the airport and were shuttled to the MTC where we dropped off our luggage and then they set to work keeping us busy so we don´t fall asleep, although it has been pretty hard. I´m the senior companion in a threesome right now with Hermana Schole and Hermana Bennett. They are really cool and I´m excited for this!! My pdays are normally going to be Thursdays, but they INSISTED that we e-mail our lovely families to let them know that we didn´t die while on the flight and I knew you guys would be stressing about if I made it on my flight to Madrid or not. I did :)) My district speaks about the same amount of Spanish as I do, which is awesome so hopefully we will be speaking like crazy pretty soon here! Oh and the temple grounds are so ridiculously beautiful and I feel so blessed to be able to look out the window and see el templo.
 It's so beautiful in Madrid. I still don´t feel like a missionary but its cool. We are all super tired. Its hilarious. If you look around during a meeting, half of the people are standing in the back trying to stay awake and the other half are nodding off in their chairs. But if you nod off, the president will call you out and have you do something! So needless to say, I´ve been staying awake! Anywho the group here is super duper small and there are only like 50 of us here, we have 2 zones and I think 8 districts? Its cool cause we get such individual care already! I am loving it so far,hahah its been a good 24 hours :))

Okay I gotta go to dinner now, I love you all and thank you for your prayers! Please continue them!!
Hermana Folsom

1 comment: