Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 9

Christmas tree at the Streeter's. If you look real close you will see Angel Moroni on top. 
 
Hello family!! Oh my goodness I cannot believe its only/already been a week!
Some funny  things that happened this week: We had an investigator that is CONVINCED that my name is Sofie. I have no clue where she got it! Its better Sofie than what she used to call me: Sofa. Her prayer one time went like this, "Por favor bendice a Hoffman y Sofa." Sofa in spanish is couch. I prefer Sofie!
So Saturday we went to Rota to have an American day (we only get out there about once a week, most of the time we work with the Spanish branch) and it was SO HARD teaching Americans! I was trying to explain the prayer and I could not remember how to say "Dear Heavenly Father" to save my life! We were teaching at the branch president´s house and I was like, great. They probably think I´m an idiot and can´t even speak my native language. But even though we don´t memorize the lessons, you get accustomed to saying things a certain way and so I found myself translating how I would normally explain the prayer or something as opposed to just saying it in English!
 
Our American investigators are rocking it! Cody is on track to be baptized on the 21st.  He´s 14 and is really smart. He´s almost finished the Book of Mormon! Then Jessie told us she wants to be baptized with her husband when he gets back from Training.

Also none of the piano players were in either branches in church on Sunday so I got to play for both Sacrament Meetings! And next week I get to give a talk in BOTH branches! I´m just going to write one and translate it. Oh the blessings of working with 2 branches.

The members are loving having 2 new sisters in the branches and so everyone is feeding us so we can get to know them! One day last week we had TWO back to back eating citas... BUT it's so great, we are getting so many references and really gaining the trust of the members. I´m just getting really fat in the process
 

 Most of our investigators are related to each other and are the family of this one member who is AWESOME! Our branches are so special. We found out this Sunday that at the first of the year the stake president is sending in the papers for us to become a Ward! It's such an exciting time to be here in Puerto. The members are really getting the Spirit of missionary work and its making it so much fun to work with them! We actually got to do splits this week (2 of us went to one lesson and another went with one of the Ward missionaries) and it was really cool! we want to do it again! So the work here is going good, slow at times but definitely picking up!
A little about Christmas. There are statues of Jesus and Mary here everywhere even when it's not Christmas, but now everyone has their really extravagant nativity scenes out - it's so cool! (Belén is a nativity set. Belén also means Bethlehem. cool)
I LOVE CHIRSTMAS TREES! We went to the branch president of the American branch´s house the other day and it reminded me so much of home I almost didn´t want to leave after the lesson.

Love you all!!!
Hermanas Folsom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment