Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy 20th B-day!!!



Holy moly familia I am 20! WaHOOO! No longer a teenager... Odd. SOO old;) Hahaha still not old enough to have been a missionary before the announcement though! so this was a pretty great week!
First of all... I´M LEAVING MALAGA! I am going to Puerto de Santa Maria, its near Cadiz and apparently its BEAUTIFUL. STOKED. And... I´m going to be in another trio. My comps are going to be Hermanas Childers and Hoffman. I´ll let you all know more about them next week after I actually meet them!
SO we went to the Picasso museum on Tuesday and it was cool! Its really quaint and it was cool getting up close to the artwork. Also strange and kind of surreal being in Europe seeing originals of paintings I´ve looked at in books! So it was a pretty good pday:)
FUNNY Spanish mistake I made the other day... SO el papa means the pope and la papa means potato. Someone asked us a question about what happens when the prophet dies and she´s catholic so I was explaining the difference and I said "When the potato dies, all the cardinals come together..." Shoot. Haha she died laughing when I said that.
The package arrived on Wednesday!! And thank you!!! I´m so stoked to make enchiladas today:) I haven´t opened the post it note or the squishy package yet, I´m waiting until I have cake in my mouth to do that;) We really get so little on birthdays in the mission, so I´m milking this thing as much as I can! Haha but when we eat, we are going to put on the tiaras and dance and blow up the balloons and party! Hahaha I´ve been picking up and smelling the tortillas package all day. I cried when I first opened it and smelled it because it smells like home. I missed corn tortillas. Haha thank you for wrapping all those presents! the paper was darling and it was fun seeing presents galore when I opened the box!
 
Happy thanksgiving and happy birthday to me!
Hermana Folsom!

No comments:

Post a Comment