Tuesday, November 19, 2013

View from the  mountain we hiked up.

Street art

Cool passage by our apartment
 
Hello lovely wonderful family of mine! Hows yall doing?? I cannot believe its been another week already.... This week has been... fast. Hahaha I don´t really know what else to say about it!

So we were on intercambios on Tuesday and I had to host Hermana Ramsay in our area with Hermana Corral. We had the day so perfectly set, all our plans really well fixed with people that NEVER fail us. HALF OF THEM FAILED US TUESDAY! It was awful! I was like, I promise, we normally don´t get failed this much!
Okay so really sad side note, I have not met as many victims as abuse before in my life as I have met here in Malaga. So many of the people we come in contact with have been abused, men, women and children! Its really sad. It's so devastating seeing how much it messes people up.
Also sad news, but also kinda exciting, I had an interview with President this morning and he told me I´m leaving Málaga. He won´t tell me where until he makes the official calls on Thursday, but I know I´m being transferred for sure. He says I´m going to love my new area and that its really special. And I know its not Cordoba. But thats it! Hahaha so I´m starting all my sad goodbyes right now! Its exciting but sad at the same time!
Oh btw I switched pday which I´m sure you know... we are going to picasso today1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO send anything to the mission home now since I´m getting transferred....

The Lord really is hastening His work. Haha I made a really lame joke to President last week in my letter to him about that actually "the Lord really must be hastening His work because this last week just FLEW by!" Hahah but really its so true, when we are busy and engaged in his work, suddenly I turn around and its Monday again!
 
I´m so super stoked for my package!!! I am pretty certain it will get here before the weekend, they usually only take 1 week. Haha the elders today were asking what I want to do for my birthday since it will be my last pday in Malaga too and I told them all I want to do is eat kebab and churros y chocolate. SO we are all going to kebab together then:) Hahaha they are so good to me:) 
 
Something that I am really learning lately is the power of the Atonement in people´s lives. My FAVORITE lesson to teach is lesson 3 because it all really focuses on the Savior and I love the part that talks about that through the power of the atonement we can be clean from sins.

I´m teaching a few Ecuadorians (is that how you say it?). Antonio is from Guayaquil and he´s a miracle. One day as I was getting on the bus, he stopped me and asked if I had something for him. I hurriedly handed him a folleto with our number on the back and prayed that he would call. The next week I heard someone calling "hermanitas! hermanitas!" IT WAS ANTONIO! He then asked for a book of mormon to read during his downtime at work! We are teaching him and he´s golden, the only thing is he works a lot and is on call a lot cause he´s a caregiver for a sick man and so we can´t see him a lot. But ecuadorians are the best.
 
Hey I got to play with Barbies last night at a members house... The grandparents had to go to a meeting and the daughter had to take a phonecall and they just all of a sudden left us alone in the room with their granddaughter so we played barbies until her mom was done with the phone call. Hahaha it was fun.
Love you all so much and don´t forget about my bday next week. LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment