Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11th

Zone Conference


Las Tres Companeras
 
Well. Another week has gone by and I left home exactly 5 months from today, crazy huh? I actually cannot believe I have just a little over a year left. Suddenly I´m like, crap. I still am just like a kid in this whole mission business and I almost a third of the way done! Hahaha just gotta keep chuggin along I suppose :)
This week was a little rough. I was sick for most of it, not too bad, but enough that it slowed me down and all. My comps were good to me and its really a blessing that we are 3 now. I was physically capable of going to all the lessons and everything, but the second we would sit down, my head would start pounding and I had NO clue what was going on! SO they taught most of the lessons from Monday to Wednesday. Thursday I was mostly better and now I just have a little cough. Interesting thing about being sick on the mission, since you see SO many people give you their home remedies. I cannot tell you how many ways of getting rid of a cold I heard this week. BUT half a spoonful of honey and the other half of lemon juice is MAGIC. I took that one morning and literally instantly my sinuses cleared up! Hahaha crazy! But all is well now :)
Okay cool and crazy story of the week.... We were at this one member´s house and she was telling us how one of her 11 kids was baptized, Ana Mari as well as her son, Carlos. And literally minutes after we take down the info of Ana Mari, who happens to walk in but Ana Mari! She said she NEVER goes to her mother´s house on Wednesdays at 8, but felt compelled to go that day. She invited us over for later that week! When we went over, the second we walk in her door, she said she felt the spirit enter her house again. Ana Mari is amazing. She said that even though she physically left the church, she never stopped believing. She said she misses the Book of Mormon and that she feels like now is her time to go back to church. Then she proceeded to give us TWELVE references. Let me repeat that TWELVE REFERENCES!! She´s amazing. She´s the president and founder of a society to help people who have been victims of marital abuse because she herself was one and now she says she´s had all this experience so she can help others. She also said though that although her organization helps people, that its nothing compared to the gospel. Then, she not only came to church yesterday, but brought her friend (also named Ana) and her friend brought her two adorable sons. SHE´S A MACHINE!! Everytime I think about Ana Mari, a big smile comes to my face and I am just amazed at all the miracles that happened to put us in her path and remind her of what she´s missing.
ALSO super cool. Remember how my ward divided? Well our first Sunday after the division, our attendance in Sacrament meeting was 78. Now, only 2 months later, yesterday the attendance was at 126! We really don´t fit in the chapel right now! Its so incredible to physically be able to see how the Lord is accelerating His work!
 
The Primary is singing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" as the special song. The kids LOVE it. It's adorable. Also I love it when I enter the primary room (I just go for singing time then leave) and they all go HERMANA FOLSOM HERMANA FOLSOM! It's cute.
I am loving the work, loving the people and loving my comps!
Love you-
Hermana Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment