Sunday, May 18, 2014

April 28th

Heyyyyyy family! I can´t believe it's Monday again. I feel like I say that every week. Actually it's either the week feels like a month long, or a day long. This was one of those weeks when I felt like I blinked and BOOM its Monday again. Madre mia. But that means that a lot happened this week!
First of all, Am..... CAME TO CHURCH! This lady hasn´t been to church in like 10-15 years and we have invited her to church everyweek since I´ve been here and every week before that and she always makes some excuse about something or another but on Monday we had a really great lesson with her, and we were really straight up and then told her we were going to come by on Sunday at 1010 and that she better be ready. We stopped by Saturday night to remind her and get her excited. On Sunday morning, I was a little doubtful, I´m not going to lie. So we made the walk to her house and at 1010 on the dot we knocked on her door and, to my great surprise, she opened it with her hair done, makeup on, skirt in place and book of mormon in hand! It was so beautiful seeing her at church be reunited with these members that love her so much. Everyone´s reactions to seeing her were PRICELESS. I just kept on thinking of the prodigal son coming back to that party at his father´s house. She says she won´t be leaving it anytime again soon and that she´s back for good!


So this week we had to do 2 intercambios, back to back. First, we did one with Jaén, which meant that H.Kunz came back and we got to be together in Dos for a day again. It was weird, but fun. But since the trains are weird to Dos, I was going to be without companion for 4 hours, so I went to G...´s house and she and A.. babysat me and fed me lunch. It was so funny, we finished eating lunch and then she looks at me and goes, "HErmana, do you want to nap?" Then she hands me a blanket, takes on herself and with her on one couch and me on the other, we napped for an hour! HAha it was hilarious! The other intercambio we did this week was with the hermanas in sevilla who actuall yjust opened up a pueblo like last week. It was interesting going into an area where there literally was NO work and just FIND. I was tired by the end, but it was fun really focusing all of our efforts on finding people. We saw some cool miracles during that time, and actually found 4 new investigators together. It was fun!


P... is not doing so hot. We lost contact with him for a week, then decided to track him down, so we made the trek out to his campo to find him at home. He wasn´t at home, but on our way back, we ran into him in the street, so we went to a park to talk. He was thinking about dropping us, he says everything is going against him right now and he just needs to focus on his problems and solving them and then worry about religion. We got to have a really good lesson about how this will only help him, not distract him anymore. He said he still hadn´t received an answer between our church or the jehovah´s witnesses but he hasn´t even asked! I just am frustrated with him right now. It's rough. Pray for him, yeah?

 
RANDOM THINGS
 I GOT DEVILED EGGS!!! We ate at a member´s house in sevilla while I was waiting for h.blake to come back from jaen and they gave me deviled eggs! They are called huevo rellenos here and they put tuna in it too (they put tuna in everything here though) Haha yeah our mission has adjusted to Spain! Some elders tried to get rid of our studies and stuff at mediodia, so for a transfer they tried without it but NOBODY would let them in. It just doesn´t work to go out and work between 2 and 5. And yes, we are actually really safe here at night. Since its so hot during the day, a lot of people sleep during the hours that americans get stuff done, so they go out with their families and all play until late. Its completely normal. I mean claro, there are areas we don´t go to after dark, but most places are safe here.
I´m surprised at how fast this is all going. The other night I had a nightmare that I went home and didn´t remember the last half of my mission and I kept walking around feeling incomplete and dissatisfied. It was awful. Asi que, I am going to throw myself into these next 7 months and just SERVE. I got the conference talks and have almost read all of them! THANK YOU!! They are golden. And both my comp and i are very grateful!! I had been dying to read elder oakes´talk from priesthood about the priesthood. Whats new? I am tired. Like DEAD tired. Its hitting me! Hahaha and for the first time, I just hurt all the time. I think thats a good sign, like I´m working hard, right? Something I´m sick of are my shoes. I am buying myself new shoes today actually (SANDALS!! yay for summer)
My scripture for you is: Enos 1:27. I cannot wait for this day, when i stand before my Savior again. I really want to feel like this when I go, to rejoice, to see His face with pleasure adn be blessed to enter into the mansion of my Father. So beautiful.
everyone check out www.anothertestament.com ITS INCREDIBLE! its a photo project of 3 nephi. you´ll love it.

LOVE YOU! hermana folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment