Sunday, May 18, 2014

April 7th

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOO FAMILY!! wow another week has gone by and I´m only 6 days from turning 10 months old... MY MISSION IS GOING BY TOO FAST!

So the beginning of this week was full of goodbyes and eating citas as Hermana Kunz made the rounds of the ward and our investigators. My favorite one was Monday. We spent pday over at Ricardo´s where we played games and then did a Noche de Hogar (FHE) because it was his family and all the missionaries. It was so much fun! We had a water balloon fight, a flour fight, played volleyball, jumprope, cooked together and had a really good message at the end. Going over to Ricardo´s is always crazy. I forgot my camera cord today but next week I´ll send the pictures of our flour fight. IT WAS MADNESS!

Hermana Blake got here on Wednesday and it is like a dream come true. We both said that we have really good feelings about these next two transfers together and that we are going to help each other reach our full potential as missionaries now. I love her so much and since she got here, we have been working HARD and seeing cool miracles!

Wednesday evening, we went over to see C... and her kids A... (16) and J... (4). They are columbian and were a referral from a family in the ward. We had taught them a few times but not until last time did they really show any real interest in our message. This time, we read 3 Nephi 11 with them and as we read about and explained baptism, C..., who has been catholic her whole life, totally loved it. As we read about how baptism should be done, she looks at me and goes, "This isn´t how I was baptized. I wasn´t baptized by immersion. But it says in the scriptures that this is how Jesus wants us to be baptized. What do I do?" And then as we read about Christ giving Nephi the priesthood, she goes, "Who else has this power?" SHE IS GOLDEN. When we invited them to baptism, she just goes, "Claro. Write me down for the 26th." OH MY GOSH! And then she explained why A... needed to be baptized too and so basically we are having a baptism on April 26th. They are amazing. I am PUMPED!


THEN if that little miracle weren´t enough, on Sunday morning before conference, we went to go teach this gypsy family that Hermana Kunz and I had found and we taught one of the best L1´s of my mission. Susanna has 3 kids and her husband is gone most of the time except Saturdays. She really understands why this is the restored church, we "built" up the church using cups to explain it and she just really got it. And then she was like, "Why don´t we have this church today?" She´s incredible. She LOVED the first vision and said that it must be something really important for both the father and the son to appear to joseph smith, therefore this was something important for her to listen to. AND THEN SHE ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE FOR MAY 3RD. I am on cloud 9 right now, really. Such a miracle filled week :) AND conference on top of all of this? I am so happy right now.

RANDOM THINGS

 Haha actually this week L... decided she is going to start teaching us Chinese! I know how to say I, you, and he/she. She´s doing good, slowly but surely understanding still. And actually we had a really good lesson with P... this week with the bishop´s wife. They live pretty close and she explained perfectly what he needed to hear. He won´t commit to a date until he feels like this is the true church but he won´t DO anything to find out yet! She really hammered in the importance of reading and praying an shared her own conversion story. SO GREAT. And as we were walking out of his gate, there was a man at the gate and he goes, "HEY! MORMONES!" I look up and it was Wilbur, one of the Bolivian members here who met Pablo through a friend and didn´t know he was investigating the church. The Lord is placing a lot of members in this guy's path, just kinda forcing him to accept it:)

We work with the Moron military base so there are like 2 American families. I just can´t seem to get rid of the military on my mission! Haha.. I know H.Blake cause we have been in the same zones our whole missions and are just like best friends. She goes to BYU too and is from Utah. Right now her family lives in Alpine but she grew up in Bountiful. We are thoroughly enjoying ourselves:) Hermana Kunz went to Jaén which is weird cause I´ll do intercambios with her in a couple weeks.. And I LOVED Pres Uchtdorf´s talk. He speaks so eloquently.  Oh my gosh momma H.Blake is artsy and loves music so we´ve just been singing and talking music all week.


They show the women´s broadcast Saturday at 4, then Saturday morning is Saturday at 6 (live) then Saturday afternoon is shown Sunday at 2, priesthood is Sunday at 11, Sunday morning is Sunday at 6 (live) and then Sunday evening is Sunday at 10 (live). We had permission to stay out for the last one, but we opted not to because we had to get up early to go to Malaga today anyways so we missed that one. I loved all the talks and especially loved how much they emphasized family prayer, scripture study and FHE. Also sharing your testimony. That was cool. I LOVED Elder Ballard´s invitation to read PMG as members.

well i love you all and hope you have great week! un besazo muy fuerte:)

hermana folsom!

No comments:

Post a Comment