Monday, June 9, 2014

June 2nd

I canNOT believe its Monday again, but at the same time it feels like its been forever since I last wrote. Its been a crazy week, we did 2 intercambios, went to Puertollano and back, rode on various speedtrains and had some cool miracles.
So you remember how I´m obsessed with L.. and her family and how we are the first missionaries that her kids have actually opened up to or even allowed into their homes? They are awesome. They love us. We are going to baptize M... Okay that's jumping to conclusions, but remember how I said that last week we prayed to know a date for a baptism and we both felt good about June 21st? So yesterday in church, I was feeling SO STRONG that M.. needs to be baptized that day. And after church I mentioned this to Hermana Blake and she said she was feeling the same! she came again all on her own and is really pushing to get her husband to come with her. Okay he´s not actualy her legal husband yet, but all they want to do is go to the townhall and sign papers and they are already planning it, so we just need to give her a reason to do it sooner rather than later. She is loving learning about the church and she went out on Saturday and bought a skirt and a dress! When she came to church yesterday wearing a long skirt, I complimented her on it and she leans over and says, "I´m Mormon, so I need to wear a skirt!" So many cool miracles happening with that family. L.. says she has never seen her daughters act like this before and they are even impacting their brother who used to get angry whenever anybody would bring up the church and now he´ll even sit in while we share messages. I know that if for nothing else, I was supposed to come to Dos Hermanas for this family. I have been blessed to see so many changes in their lives in the few months I´ve been here and seeing M.. dressed in white would be the ultimate. I am coming back to Spain for her sealing. Done.
P.. and his wife came to church.. and his wife is determined to come to Noche de Hogar on Wednesday. YES!

Speaking of Noche de Hogar, G.. and A.. came! I don´t know if I´ve ever talked about her, she was baptized in Sevilla like 15 years ago but when she moved to Dos she went inactive cause she had a little baby boy and NO support from the ward members... sad. So A is 13 and never been to church or any activities or anything but THEY CAME ON WEDNESDAY AND LOVED IT! she wants him to be baptized, but wants him to feel comfortable at church first. BIG STEPS FOR THIS FAMILY!
 
RANDOM THINGS
 
Snails are called caracoles (small ones) and cabrillas (big gross ones). I´ve had a weird squid rice dish that was blackish purplish. It was gross. But thats up there with snails!

Li… speaks Mandarin (is that the easier one?) SO COOL!! we talked to President on Monday during our interviews about Linda and he called the Provo MTC who talked to the Temple Square mission who has sister missionaries FROM CHINA who SPEAK MANDARIN who are going skype us and L.. so they can teach her in her native tongue! ISNT THAT THE COOLEST THING YOU´VE EVER HEARD?!? I´m so excited to see her face when she gets to hear them testify of Christ and understand that she won´t be alone if she decides to follow Him and be baptized. YES! When have I felt the Lord sustaining me? During a lesson with M.., we got to testify and I really felt the Lord talking to her through me. It was really cool!
Alma 13:24- on that angel note, angels are preparing the hearts of people all around the world to be ready to receive the gospel. There are people being prepared here in Dos Hermanas, there in Woodinville, with Liz in Utah and Katie in Maryland. Angels can be people serving the Lord on this side adn the other side of the veil. This is one of my favorite scriptures to share with members because they are the angels preparing their friends and family for the gospel by their examples and testimonies. You are an angel, preparing the hearts of your friends to receive the gospel, maybe not today or tomorrow, but one day when the missionaries knock on their door, they will remember your example!
Thanks fambam for all your love adn support! love you! have a great week!
Hermana Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment