Monday, September 2, 2013



 
Greetings from Malaga! I am going to stay here next transfer!!!! WOOO!!! BUT Hermana Johnson is leaving me:( And Hermana Nielsen is coming to finish my training. She´s been out about 4 months and from everyone I´ve talked to, she is SOLID! I´m super pumped! I´m definitely going to miss HJ but Hermana Nielsen sounds cool and I think we will do a lot of great things here in good ol´ Málaga 3.
Holy hannah this gospel is perfect. The more I study it, the more I am convinced that only a perfect God could make it. Every single thing is accounted for and all is balanced and fair and perfect. Seriously,Heavenly Father is the best. I am in awe of how perfectly things work out when we are doing His will. I love this gospel and I am so grateful for the opportunity to share it with His children here in Málaga.

I love that you sent something bout the Atonement being for everyone because thats really been the focus of my study this week. I´ve been studying a lot about mercy and justice and I´ve discovered Alma 42 is golden. It's really remarkable how perfectly balanced the plan is. Were we only to be judged by justice, nobody would receive eternal life, but were we only to be judged by mercy, it wouldn´t be fair. As I am studying mroe about the Savior and the Atonement, the more Ï come to realize applying it is a daily thing that every person should do.
 
The biggest miracle this week is named Dolores. We were visiting this Gypsy family which is very menos activo. The grandma, Estrella, is in her 70s probably and she has 8 kids, almost all of which are less active, or never were baptized. Her youngest daughter, Patricia, lives with her and was never baptized and her oldest daughter, Loli, goes over everyday with her daughter, Dolores, and granddaughter, Island. So we go over to visit Estrella for the first time and turns out she really wants to come back to church, but she can´t walk and has no way of getting to the chapel! And as we are teaching this family, they are all getting so excited about the gospel again. Loli told us that she looked up the videos on YouTube that the missionaries showed them when she was little and they were all baptized and she just cried and cried because of the feeling she felt! THEN her daughter, Dolores, asks us a million questions and wants us to teach her more, and said she would be baptized September 21st!! I am so excited to see this family come together and all come back and hopefully be sealed in the temple. Its such a miracle that we met all of them and they are prepared to come back at this time.
ALSO ANA MARIA SAID SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!!! Remember my Polish friend? She told us after church yesterday! I was so giddy!
 
We took over teaching Palma´s mother in law, Ana, this week and let me tell you, that woman is a gem! She buys special treats only for the missionaries and she has such a tender heart. She holds that family together single handedly. She cracks me up, such a typical Spanish woman, and she is really earnestly trying to know if this is the true church. She came to church for the first time yesterday and said she felt really peaceful and tranquil there. Good sign, right? Haha but Palma is doing well, I love having her in lessons with Ana because its like having a member present. She explains things to Ana and testifies along with us. We are really working with this family and I really love them so much, they are like my malagueñan family.
 
Anyways I´m excited for my new companion, sad to see HJ going, but ready for this new adventure and finally working in our area! Its really beautiful and it's the historic part of the city, so you could probably look up what some of it looks like, Plaza de la Merced and the castillo and everything. Its beautiful and there is work to be done!


Roman ampitheater in our area... like right down the street from my piso. Pretty cool, no?
 
 
One things a lot of Malagueñans say is that malaga doesn´t take care of its history, which is sad cause there is a lot of Roman history here, it being one of the oldest ports in Europe. Pero bueno... Its still beautiful, especially the part I´m in now.
 
Okay my nerd moment, I was on exchanges this week, and the hermana that came to my place with hermana johnson is named hermana brimhall and she wrote me a note and signed it HB, but it looked like HP with her handwriting and I got SO excited thinking Harry Potter wrote me a note.. alas no!
My ward is smaller now, I really have no clue how many members, but we usually have around 100ish membesr at church on Sunday. They just divided the wards so its smaller now. But it's good cause we are getting to know the members. Yes I get enough to eat, maybe a little too much but that's okay!! One of the members feeds us every Thursday after weekly planning and her maid cooks like a BOSS so I´m content:)
Love you all and thank you for your love and support!!
Anyways I love all of you and love mondays:) Have a great week everyone!!
Love,
Hermana Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment