Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Letter from 9/16/2013

These are the Malaga and Fuengirola sisters at the mission home on Monday with Elder Cortes, my district leader). I am third from the right.


Becca and her new companion
 
Greetings from the wonderful city of Malaga Spain! Another week, more stories and por fin its getting cooler:) AND I hit my 3 month mark this week... WOO!! I feel like that just flew by... Pero bueno. This week was insane. So fun. So tiring. So crazy.
Thursday was CRAZY!! Every single one of our lessons was draining and it was such a roller coaster day. We had people tell us that its still "too hot" for learning about the gospel and acting in faith, but maybe later on when it cools down they will be willing to learn more
 Estrella´s family is progressing like CRAZY!! They loved church on Sunday and they are so excited to be baptized next week. I love going over and teaching them because they have such a desire to change and really want to be baptized. AWESOME!
Cool experience. Saturday, I could NOT get it together. I left the phone at home, the Book of Mormon and the address to one of our appointments later that day. It was bad. So since I´d left the phone AND the address at home, I had to try and find our way to this family of recent converts who I have only visited once and it was in my first 2 weeks here.. I prayed so hard the whole way and I can´t really remember the walk but somehow we were led to their doorstep. It was so crazy and such a miracle that we were able to find them becuase they don´t live in our area and we didn´t have the phone to call the elder´s for the address. THEN it was a blessing that I left the phone at home because my water bottle leaked all in my purse and soaked EVERYTHING! So it was a blessing that I didn´t ruin the phone! Crazy how the Lord watches out for you, huh?
OH wierd connection, Hermana Nielsen´s aunt and uncle are the Hickman´s in our stake (Graham). Crazy, huh? AND Sister OHara just moved into their ward in North Salt Lake. This girl is crazy connected to me! But can I just take a moment and say how much I love Hermana Nielsen? I would not have been able to make it through this week without her and laughing off the scary/crazy/stressful moments! Okay I´m done now :)
So this week was long, fun, crazy, but so wonderful at the same time. I feel like I am really getting to know the members now and our investigators are doing well. Thank you all for your love and prayers and know I am praying for yo uall back home as well:)
 
 I wanted to share with you my experience this week from applying the Work of Salvation broadcast into missionary work. Our new bishop has really adopted an attitude of missionary work and the blessings for our ward from focusing on this are showing! The ward council is working together to welcome in our new members (we have 14 planned for this month!!) and its so wonderful to see the ward being run the way the prophets and apostles have been telling us to run it. Its cool seeing how much better the work can go with the whole ward involved! Really makes me excited and feel not as overwhelmed with all the work we have to do!
 
love you all and miss you and have a great week!!
Hermana Folsom



 

No comments:

Post a Comment