Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Letter from 9/9/2013

Preparation Day going toFuengirola
 
Heyo fambam!! Another week has gone by, holy fast! Can you believe that Thursday, it will be 3 months since I reported already? 1/6th of my mission, gone. Holy guac. But its been great!

So this week, Hermana Johnson left and Hermana Nielsen came! She´s from Salt Lake City, she´s 20 and she´s AWESOME! I haven´t laughed as much as I have in the past 5 days than I have in so long! We get along really well and teaching with her is super fun. I am really hoping we will be together for at least another transfer because so far so good! Really, she´s aweome and already love her so much. Its been interesting getting a new companion so soon, its really testing my knowledge of the area and the people since I´m having to show her around, but I know a lot more about this area than I thought! And with the changes, now our district is HUGE!! We have 5 companionships. We all traveled to Fuengirola together today and I was like, Holy Hannah. But its so fun!

Estrella, the gypsy family that is like all women and all less active, they are our miracle family! I love my gypsy family here, they are so loving and so excited about the gospel. Everytime we go over, they have another family member there that they want us to meet and teach. We now have 4 baptismal dates for their family and more coming, I´m certain! The whole family committed to coming to church next week too.. Presidente Muñoz, the ward mission leader, jokes that after we reactivate/baptize this family that they are going to HAVE to build us our own chapel because the ward will be too big to hold all of them! Its so great and I love going over to teach them. They love reading the Book of Mormon and sharing their testimonies with the members of the family not familiar wiht the Church. My favorite moment from last week was when we invited Corral, one of the grandkids, to offer the closing prayer and she was uncertain and all of a sudden EVERYONE started explaining and offering help and testifying about prayer. Such a great family!

Funny story, we were talking to this man at his door and all of a sudden the door opened and his daughter walks out with a sheet over her head, waving her arms around and holding a pencil like a wand. And this was right after he was telling us how so many of our celebrations come from Paganism and how witchcraft is of the devil and stuff and he looked SO embarrassed when his daughter did that! It was so hard not to bust up after that!

I have officially arrived. Wednesday I couldn´t go to FHE because I was picking up Hermana Nielsen from the train station. On Sunday, ALL the Nigerians (our most faithful Noche de Hogar students) came up to me and said they missed me on Wednesday! I am officially cool. I can die happy now. Hahah but really, I love the Nigerians here, they are such good people and have such a close, family centered culture.

So overall, all is going well. I am disfrutando my time with Hermana Nielsen and we are working hard to prepare Estrella´s family for baptism. We are keeping busy and loving the work. I cannot believe its already September! Oh and on that note, I was cold for the very first time this week since I´ve been in Málaga!! It rained and I actually wore a sweater!! Fall has arrived :) I love you all and am praying for you all!! Stay cool and have a great week!!
Love all of you and enjoy your week!!

Hermana Folsom



No comments:

Post a Comment