Friday, February 21, 2014

February 10

Sorry, this week will probably be not as long as usual, we only have an hour today cause we are in CADIZ for pday and have to catch a train back to Puerto. But all is well, we have had such a great pday! Okay preface, this week has been one of the best weeks of my mission. It. Was. Incredible. WE are really seeing the fruits of 8 months of hard work by hermanas in this area since it was opened. Its so great! We have seen so many miracles!

Miracle 1: Cesar. Cesar is the novio of one of our investigators, Viviana, who is in Bolivia for a month. Cesar is from Columbia and is in the Spanish equivalent of the Marines (lose 2 marines, gain another!) and is really looking to change his life. I have never had an investigator understand repentance SO well before, nor had an investigator that really desired it this much before either. He is completely changing his life and when we invited him to baptism, we read the part in 3 nephi 11 that talks about baptism with him and he looks at us and says "I really need this. Like, right now." He has a baptismal date for March 22nd. But he is so ready for this gospel. Teaching him is such an amazing experience! I am really enjoying watching him change and grow as he applies the gospel in his life. Stay tuned for him!

Miracle 2: Juana and her girls. So in San Fernando, the hermanas there have been teaching this woman, Tamara, and one time when they went over, her mother and sisters were over too and were really interested. Turns out they live in Puerto! So Juana is the mother and she has three daughters and they are all SUPÈR interested in the gospel. One day we just passed by to meet them without any notice and they were so excited to let us in. Lorena´s boyfriend answered the door and was like "Juana! Its the girls you were telling us about!" and ever since then they ahve been so excited to have us over and have been really sincerely listening to us. Lorena really wants to be baptized and we are workign on setting a date this week! Meeting them is such a miracle and so fun teaching them as well!
 
RANDOM THINGS
The wind yesterday snapped my umbrella right after church and then it was a downpour all evening so I was DRENCHED and looked like a wet dog. I´m goign to buy a new one today but it was just the worst time for it to break on the sabbath!
 
Unitl this morning on the train when one of the hermanas told me that the olympics are happening right now, I didn´t realize it was the olympics. Aka they are NOT big here. 
 
There are 2 things I value the most in missionaries and two things that are necessary for me to get along with another missionaries: obedience and diligence. I don´t care about anything else as long as there are those two things.
I have two scriptures for you this week. I´d picked one out earlier in the week and then came across the other and i really liked it and then i read both together and they go really well together! D&C 6:36 and Mark 5:36. I love that both have the theme to be not afraid, to fear not and to believe. Fear is the opposite of faith and faith works miracles! I love it.

I love you all so much! I was just thinking the other day how blessed I am to have a family that writes me so diligently. I don´t know many other missionaries who receive emails from every family member almost every week. Thank you all for loving and supporting me. Your emails mean the world to me! I love you!!

Hermana FOlsom

No comments:

Post a Comment