Friday, February 21, 2014

February 3rd--Go Seahawks!!!

Hermanas from my zone

Rubic's cube sculpture

Heyo loved ones!

So this weekend we had stake conference, which was actually a broadcast for all of Spain, Portugal and Cape Verde. It was pretty cool and a really busy weekend. We sang on Saturday for the adult session and it was bomb! The zone sounded so good and it was fun directing:) We had stake conference in our building for this side of the zone and so it was cool for some of our investigators to come.

Actually speaking of that, we met these two guys, Cesar and Jair. We met them through Cesar´s girlfriend, Viviana, who is an investigator and told us to pass by her boyfriend. They went and visited them on Friday while I was on exchanges in Jerez and said they had a lot of questions. Then, Jair came with us to the conference on Sunday. An odd first church meeting, but its made him curious and want to come back! And he got to meet Gilberto, a recently returned missionary in our ward about his same age and they sat by each other in the conference and Gilberto explained everything super clearly. IT WAS GREAT!

Then, so we had to go early to the conference on Saturday to practice, so we had to be in Cádiz at 4 and it didn´t start until 7, but the priesthood session was at 5. So during that awkward time, all of us hermanas went and did splits and divided and conquered the city. It was fun being with all of us and then we got ice cream together. Our hermanas in this zone are so sweet and it was fun working together for an afternoon:)

This week went by so amazingly fast and I cannot believe its already time for Monday again. We are actually in Jerez right now cause this place has BOMB shopping.
 
RANDOM THINGS
So funny story about our stake conference, since we were in cadiz on saturday, we had to take a train back to puerto and at night they only run at certain times. There was one that left at 910 and the next one didn´t leave until 1010. We basically ran from the capilla to the train station and guess what time we entered the train station at? 910. We walked in right as the train left. URGH. So we were super frustrated and getting ready to sit for an hour when I remembered our ward mission leader had gone to conference. So we called him up and he arranged for us to go home with another member of our ward (thank heavens for trios so we can ride with men!). the member we went home with served his mission in kansas like 25 years ago and he speaks fluent english so he gave us a spanish pronunciation lesson. It was great! Made up for missing our train:)
 
We have a senior sister in our mission who is assigned to health, so when we do orientation she does a health one, same with when you leave the mtc.

 I have grown so much in these past almost 8 months. The biggest growing experience for me has been this area. I am really learning to rely on the Lord and to put everything in His hands. I was actually just talking about this on Friday with H.Brown on intercambios. She told me she can see how much I´ve grown up from this experience. Its also motivated me more to LOVE my mission. I really do love everything about this, even the schedule! I have never been happier before in my life and even though I do want to come home to see you guys, I also want to stay here forever. It's odd.

 We actually have an hour and a half for lunch everyday, what happens is i get lazy and make sandwiches or salads and then nap or write in my journal.

My scripture for you this week is Matthew 12:50. I love that Christ said that when we do His will and the will of His Father, that we become His brothers and sistesr. And he even said sisters!

CONGRATS SEAHAWKS! I love you all and hope ya´ll have a great week!
much love,


hermana folsom:)

No comments:

Post a Comment