Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 27



 Baptism
 
Me being Mary Poppins
 
Good morning brothers and sisters. We would like to welcome you out to the 32nd general weekly email. Anyways... This week was SO FAST! I really feel like I just emailed ya´ll so its odd that this is happening again so fast! But no complaints from this side of the world:)
 
So we have this super cute Argentinian  member here in the English branch (she´s an au pair for one of the families here) and she served her mission is Argentina and speaks fluent english. Her "family" is in Germany this week and next so we had a girls night! (it was just dinner and a message, but it was so fun!) She made us empanadas and mac n cheese. Literally the best meal I´ve had in awhile. I missed mac and cheese I guess! Hahaha but it was fun and she told us all about her mission and life and she was so excited for us to come over! She says she has some friends she wants us to meet too so thats exciting:)
 
You could probably tell by the title, but LOLI GOT BAPTIZED! She really was such a miracle. The service was beautiful and her kids and their respective novios all came and loved it! Even cooler yet is that a good majority of our rama showed up to support her. It was a hit. And she´s a member now! WOO! She´s so excited and so happy now and she´s really hitting it off with the relief society ladies so thats great. Now we just gotta work on getting the rest of her family and sending them off to the temple to be sealed:)
 
Also on Saturday, we had a practice for this musical number we are doing at stake conference as missionaries and I was in charge and it was actually really fun! I was enjoying myself thoroughly bossing all the missionaries around and leading the group. They sound AWESOME. I´m going to see if I can sneakily get a recording of it on the voice recorder ya´ll sent me so you can hear cause its GREAT!
Random Things
Stake conference is this saturday and sunday so we will be BUSY this weekend! And I did pretty good with terms and there are a few native elders that speak fluent english who helped me with the rest. 
 
Sorry I don´t put my testimony in these emails too often. I feel like I do, but we always run out of time! Something kind of cool though, since I just finished reading the Book of Mormon all the way through, I decided to read the New Testament all the way through now. I am loving reading about the Savior´s life and His ministry. It's cool reading it as a missionary because there are so many things I can apply to my own "ministry" as a missionary!

 We actually teach the restoration first usually, unless otherwise directed by the spirit. One thing that I LOVE to do when we teach the Plan of salvation is after explaining the 3 reinos de gloria, I ask them which one they want to go to. Then I ask what they would be willing to do to get there. Then I´m like,  Committment. But it works for members too. We have a lot we have to do in order to get there and it helps me put everything into perspective that way.
Being a missionary is hard, but you have a lot of help. There is a reason why the Lord has asked that missionaries go through the temple before, they are set apart and given power and authority. I really could NOT do this on my own, there have been a lot of times on my mission when I have had no clue what to say, but I open my mouth and something comes out. The Lord works through us and its our job to be worthy instruments.
My scripture for you is Matthew 4:21-22. I love this example. we should be like these disciples. The Savior called to them and they "immediately" dropped what they were doing and followed Him. Put the Savior first in your life!
 
Os quiero mucho mucho y espero que todos tengais una semana espectacular. Que Dios os bendiga:)
Hermana Folsom
 




No comments:

Post a Comment