Monday, January 6, 2014

December 30th

Heyo familia and amigos! This week was definitely an odd one, but also a great one! I LOVED getting to talk to everyone on Wednesday, but an hour just wasn´t long enough:( But it was great none the less:)
So we have these investigators. They are poor beyond belief! He plays the accordion in the streets and she sells toys and they barely have enough to pay rent, let alone feed their two little kids! It broke my heart when I figured out just how poor they are and despite how much they lack, they still are so giving of what they DO have! It was such a reality check for me and made me feel so grateful for the upbringing I had and suddenly I was like, wow. I have a LOT of stuff. It proves to me though that you don´t need money to be happy. Their kids are the sweetest and so content with whatever small toys they get. AND they are loving learning about the gospel! She has been reading the Book of Mormon and she says she feels so good everytime she reads it and loves it so much!
We had our first lesson with an American investigator on Sunday and it went really well I think! We were so nervous about teaching in English all week and we´d been practicing the First Vision since he agreed to meet with us! We went over to the Price´s and he and Zac came over as well as the Price´s neighbor. We taught the Restoration and my companions conspired and worked it out so I had to give the First Vision! I was so nervous, like more than the first time I did it in Spanish! Haha but it went really well and the spirit was super strong! I am so excited to keep teaching them!  It really was an incredible lesson though. We had three great members testifying and teaching and it just went so well!
SUPER COOL! So ever since the MTC I always wanted to serve here in Puerto, especially since my favorite teacher in the MTC, Hermana Ganaza, is from here. When I found out I was going to be here over the Christmas vacation, I was SO excited, hoping to get to see her. AND YESTERDAY SHE CAME TO CHURCH! She´s so sweet, she was my little mama in the MTC and when she saw me at church, she got so excited and gave me a HUGE like 2 minute long hug and kept going "Oh, mi niña!" It was so great getting to see her and that hug was THE BEST! She even gave me some names of her friends she wants me to work with. :)
 
RANDOM THINGS
 Bahaha yeah as I was talking to all of you, I had the realization, wow. I am such a missionary! But at least I didn´t commit you guys to sharing the gospel like other of my friends did... GO SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS! 
Yeah it didn´t hit me it was Christmas until Thursday. Then I got sad. But then I ate chocolate and got over it. Haha I decided my poor final companion is gonna hate me cause that whole last transfer I´m just going to sing "I´ll Be Home for Christmas." 
My scripture for you this week is 1 Ne 3:6. We are blessed if we do the Lord´s will WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE. This is something I´ve really decided to focus my mission on, to not just do this work, but to do it with a smile and love every minute of it! Because really when we don´t murmur and when we are enjoying living this gospel, we will be favored of the Lord. 
Have a great new year and see you in 2014! LOVE YOU!

Hermana Folsom


No comments:

Post a Comment