Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6th--Three King's Day

Holy moly I feel like this week just flew by! I cannot believe its already Monday again... SO I GOT THE CHRISTMAS PACKAGE!  And as requested, I wrote down my reaction to all of it as I opened it. The sweater is SO cute and the batman shirt is awesome. I already have worn it several times. The reeses and ferreros are the BOMB and half gone. I love all the colors of the nail polish, the tights and socks are needed and adorable, wore them already! And church stuff is genius! I needed a calendar and I love all the pics and everything of Jesus! Oh and I love the earrings and I am almost done with my journal so that was just in time!  Thank you so much! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

SO we got transfer calls and I am going to be staying here in Puerto with Hermana Childers and we are going to be training! I´m actually really excited to be training. I think it will be good and I´m excited for our new comp! AND Hermana Hoffman is going to Málaga :) I´ve been telling her all about it:)

New Years Eve was... not fun. I was really sick. I´d been up all night the night before vomitting and most of the day as well. So we were out of commission and had to cancel our plans to go spend the evening with some members and eat the grapes at midnight:( I went to bed at 930... But it was nice cause we went to Sevilla the next day for a trizone conference and so I got to sit all day in the capilla there which was a needed break!! But I´m all better now! Oh and the sweet thing about being in a branch is that EVERYONE found out that I was sick and people have been asking me all week how I´m doing and everything. Its sweet.
 
RANDOM THINGS
 As a mission, we have the goal of baptizing 600 people in 2014. Its cool that basically I´m going to be here for all of that! I´m so excited! We are seeing a lot of excitement in the English branch over missionary work and I´m loving it. Most of the members have grown up in Utah and now as married life have served in places where they have military stakes overseas, so they haven´t really seen a lot of success in this work. But now, with the baptism last month and now someone else being taught, they are getting so excited about it! They are all inviting us to teach lessons in their homes and calling our investigator and having him and Zac over. I love it! One of the sisters in the branch told me that when we leave, she and her husband ask each other how they can get us to come back. And another couple told us what a blessing that its been to have been able to have us teach someone in their home. Its really cool that its not just helping us, or the investigator, but also the members! It makes me think of in chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel, there is a quote by Pres. Packer that says that we need to understand how the missionary feels, the investigators feels and the members feel when the Spirit is working with them.
 Okay so Friday night I was out with Annie, our mini missionary, and EVERYONE failed us. We were literally walking around all night and it wasn´t just that people failed us, but they flat out rejected us. Its odd but its taken me until almost 7 months in to finally be flat out rejected, door slammed in my face. BUT it was a bummer cause it was with our mini missionary! I was really getting discouraged and I still wasn´t feeling 100% better and we had an hour left and had already gone through all our plans, all our backups and some. I just sat down on some stairs and was ready to cry. Then I remembered something one of my old Zone Leaders told me. When you don´t know what else to do, pray! So we knelt down there in that building and said a prayer. As we finished, I was like, there is one more person we haven´t tried! So we get up and go to find this person. Turns out they had moved, but his aunt was still living there and told us she wants us to come back and teach her and she accepted a book of mormon. It was really a testimony to me of the power of prayer and the importance of EACH soul to Heavenly Father!
So I was walking and it was a narrow sidewalk so the mini missionary, Annie, was right behind me. Suddenly I heard something that I swear was a human screaming and it was right as this man with a little girl and a dog passed me. I gasped (okay I screamed) and look him really intensely in the face and go, "¡ME ASUSTÓ!" (You frightened me) He like freaked out and started getting really apologetic and kept on saying that he was sorry. Turns out it was his dog barking but I thought that Annie was DYING behind me! I hope that man accepts the gospel someday despite this crazy sister missionary...I don´t know if I described it well but it was traumatizing and embarrassing.
My scripture for you this week is D&C 6:20. I love the imagery of being encircled about in the arms of our Savior´s love. And all we have to do is keep his commandments. I love promises in the scriptures! I also love the Holy Ghost. Always live worthy to have it as your constant companion. YOU HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF HAVING A MEMBER OF THE GODHEAD WITH YOU ALWAYS. How cool is that???
Love you all and miss you oodles! Happy Three Kings!
Hermana Folsom


No comments:

Post a Comment