Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 20



Knocking on castle doors.
 
HEYOO Familia! Hows it going in the great ol´ US of A? Things are going here in Spain. And by going I mean going great! We are still seeing cool miracles. Right before she left, Hermana Hoffman described Puerto as "on point" and boy was she right! The Lord has been preparing people and we are here ready to harvest!
So I think I explained a little bit about Loli but I want to write her story cause its cool. So Loli is the sister of Petri. Petri invited everyone she knew to the ward Christmas party in December which was AWESOME and we´ve gotten several investigators thanks to that. One of which is Loli. She absolutely loved the church when she came for the party. She said that she felt at peace and comfortable there, not guilty like when she goes to her church. She came on her own to church a few weeks later, even without Petri, and we talked to her then and started teaching her that week! Loli says that she feels so right at our church and as we´ve taught her everything, she says she feels its true. She accepted a baptismal date and is now on track to be baptized on Saturday! Loli says that had she not stopped going to her church about 10 years ago taht she would not have been ready to receive our message. She totally is noticing everything thats happened in her life to lead up to now. And SHE´S GETTING BAPTIZED SATURDAY!
Also we had a really cool, really good lesson with Harris on Friday in the home of the nicest members. The wife is a convert and the husband was reactivated as she joined the church. We asked her about her conversion story over dinner and as she was telling it, I kept on looking over at Harris and he was just laughing cause SO MUCH of her story and his matched up! We taught about hte Plan of Salvation and he accepted a baptismal date! he´s like pretty serious about getting baptized while he´s here, he just is still waiting for that confirmation of truth, but we even talked through logistics of his baptism. I´m just still praying that he recognizes his answer.
It was a really good week. We have a LOT of work. Like its actually kinda stressful planning for everything. WHICH IS A GREAT PROBLEM TO HAVE! I´m really enjoying doing this work and seeing the outcome of all the hard work we´ve put into this area. LOVE IT!
Have you ever read our Search for Happiness by Elder Ballard? That convert member gave a copy to Harris and since its in our missionary library, I decided to read it too! So during meals and stuff I´ve been reading it and he kinda explains why we are a peculiar people. I really like it!
 
I got a call from one of the zone leaders this week and I´m the missionary chorister for our missionary choir for stake conference. So I get to boss our zone around musically... in spanish. I don´t know musical terms in spanish but we´ll see how it goes! We have our first practice saturday and then the conference is the first.
Kinda cool, our stake had a youth activity on Saturday. So basically all of the youth in one ward here are inactive, so all the youth went to that town and I guess they got put in companionships and were each given a youth to go look up and invite to come to a pizza party later that evening in the church. Isn´t that cool? Then they all chatted and spent the day with the less active youth. I was like, what a cool missionary experience for all of them and they all had super cool stories to tell yesterday at church.
My favorite part of this week? It was probably Friday night when we went to the Rhinehart´s for dinner and a lesson with Harris. They made chili ad homemade ice cream and it was YUMMY and CHILL. And I learned how to pop whipped cream from my arm into my mouth.
My scripture for you this week is 1 Nephi 22:25. It talks about how the Lord is our Shepherd but I love the part that says, "and they know Him" because the true disciples of Christ really do know Him. Know Him!
Love you all so stinking much and miss you all but I am really enjoying serving here. Have a most excellent week! LOVE YA!
Hermana Folsom


No comments:

Post a Comment