Saturday, February 22, 2014

Feb 17-Good-bye El Puerto

 
Yea Seahawks!!!

Cadiz
 
Wow scary news. I got a call from President on Friday and he goes "Well, Hermana Folsom, you are going to be leaving Puerto. And you are going to Dos Hermanas to be a Sister Training Leader. Welcome to the Missionary Leadership Council." I AM FREAKING OUT!! I feel like I´m still a kid in the mission fumbling around figuring my way out and now I have to go be a leader over 1/4 of the hermanas in our mission. So hold off sending any letters or anything until next week when I know my new address. I´m actually really nervous about this whole SHE thing (that's the abbreviation we use here for sister training leader). Please pray for me.
But that news aside, we had some cool stuff happen this week! We decided to go knock the doors of this one building by our piso and we go to the very top floor and the very first door we knock, this man answers and goes, "come in!"Yay for trios cause we could! We started teaching him basic stuff and he was like, YES I LOVE THIS! And then we invited him to be baptized and HE SAID YES. Then, since there is ALWAYS a catch, he goes, "I can´t commit to coming to church every week cause I only have 6 days off a month from being in the prison." We were teaching a prisoner! But he really seemed repentant and wanting the gospel in his life. Now the hermanas here will have to work  with him to prepare him for baptism when he gets out of prison.
And also thank you for the superbowl shirt! haha pictures to follow shortly...
RANDOM THINGS
Sundays the whole country basically shuts down actually. No temptation about breaking the sabbath day cause there is no way you actually could!
So we were at the church at this relief society activity with some investigators when the elders come into the room and ask for the hermanas. We come out and they go "there is a chinese man here asking for you at english class" hahah what?? its' this chinese man that works at the chino by our piso that we always go to. The elders had us private tutor him during englsih class since he´s more advanced than the others! We sat chatting in English with this guy for an hour. We somehow got talking about music and I told him I play the piano and the trumpet and he looked at me with a little bit of awe and goes "you have many talents."
Love you all! Have stellar weeks! Sending on my address next week! Dos Hermanas here I come!

Hermana Folsom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment