Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Greetings from Dos Hermanas

Being Jedis in The Plaza de Espana

NEW ADDRESS
 
calle botica Nº55 Esc 7 bajo b
Dos Hermanas, 41701
(Sevilla)
SPAIN
 
I´m actually in Sevilla right now. I AM IN SEVILLA RIGHT NOW! We are going to go see THE Plaza de España right now. DUDE I´M STOKED. I really like my area if you couldn´t tell and I love my companion. Its funny because this is the first time that I´m not the loud crazy companion! We laugh and joke a lot. It's been pretty good!
So I got to Dos Hermanas on Wednesday and we got straight to work! We met a lot of the investigators and I´m slowly getting to know the members and everything. The only thing is that this area is SO confusing street-wise. Its the cutest little pueblo and so beautiful. But I have NO idea where I am half the time! The other day I was walking around with Hermana Kunz and I turned to her and said, "If you left me right now, I would be so totally lost!" She laughed a little and said, "Hermana, we are right in front of our peso (apartment)..." I don´t even know how to get to the capilla (chapel) yet. haha someday I´ll figure it out. Hopefully before I have to do my first exchange here in Dos.

Speaking of exchanges (intercambios in Spanish. Just so you know cause I´ll probably be calling it that for the next FOREVER) I had to do my first one as a SHE on Friday. It was really fun though! I was super stressed out going into it cause I had just barely gotten here, I am a brand new SHE and I had to go to another area to help them out. But it was really fun! I went to Sevilla and I was with Hermana Coloma, who was also trained by Hermana Johnson so we just talked and laughed and worked. Super fun!

I really like our ward here though. They are all so loving and caring and really try to get to know the missionaries. I have never had so many people ACTUALLY learn my name so quickly before. Super cool. And they put me to work right away playing the piano, speaking and saying a prayer. Haha I really am growing to love Dos Hermanas and would perfectly content being here for awhile!

 The way it works is that both of us are SHEs and we are over 6 sets of hermanas here. So we wind up doing about 1 intercambio a week, one of us will stay here and the other will go to their area and they do the same. Right now, we are working hard to get new investigators and set baptismal dates. There hasn´t been a baptism here in awhile, but I plan to change that:) We teach a lot of people English and then a message at the end. We are working to make the transition from English to the gospel more

 I know its confusing cause this assignment is REALLY new. They made it just a little less than a year ago and so everyone is still figuring it out I think and its different in each mission. So there are 4 areas that have SHE´s in them and so as long as I´m in Dos Hermanas, this is my assignment, but when I get transferred I could go anywhere and be doing anything. Basically I am over the emotional wellbeing of the hermanas in my area. So if they need advice or someone to talk to I´m the one they call.

 My scripture for you this week is actually from the same chapter! Its my favorite scripture and I've been sharing it a lot this week actually, as I left my old area and came into my new one, everyone likes to hear your favorite scripture. Alma 26:36 but this is EXACTLY the reason why I came on the mission! I want everyone to have this kind of testimony of Christ! SO COOL!

okay I love you all and miss you all loads! I also have a request from whichever family member would be willing to do this. So I was talking to this lady on Sunday at church and I felt like I should mention to her the promise in my setting apart that I would meet relatives here in Spain and she told me that if I brought her my genealogy or my chart that she could help me find them!
have a great week family! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment