Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 17th

Well if you aren´t wearing green, go ahead and give yourself a big hearty pinch from me! Hahaha I hope everyone had a great week and that you are all super stoked for today! Our week went by really fast actually which is really good! It was... really eventful. We decided to be fuerte with our investigators this week and really focus in on baptism and we had some really interesting experiences!

So first of all, L. Our sweet little Chinese lady. We decided to explain baptism to her on Wednesday and then invite her to it. Please keep in mind that she doesn´t speak very good English or Spanish so we have to explain in SIMPLE terms. So we pull our our gospel art books and are showing her pictures of baptism and we explain that its a promise we make between God, that we promise to do what He says and He promises to bless us and make us clean. We then asked her if she would like to be clean and she said yes. SO we extended the baptismal invitation and she looks kind of confused and says, "No!" Suddenly it hits me- she thought we were talking about bathing! She thought we asked her if she wanted to be clean physically and take a bath!! Oh. My. Gosh. We tried to backtrack and re-explain that its actually clean in the heart and she started to get it, but then she had to go to work really quick so I guess we´ll see this Wednesday how well we can re-explain this thing and invite her again. WORST BAPTISMAL INVITATION OF MY MISSION! Haha goodness gracious...
RANDOM THINGS
(Gleanings from her pesonal messages to the family)
 
 We are over 6 sets of hermanas, so it works out that we have to do about one (exchanges) a week. Its fun when you are in it, but thinking about having to do another one always makes me tired! 
 I still get lost occassionally, but i have my first exchange where I stay here and H.Kunz goes to their area tomorrow so we´ll see how I do! I´ll probably be glued to the map, but thats okay!
 
Question: Are elbow pads as in there as they are here? I feel super stylish wearing my sweaters with elbow pads that I bought here:)
 
General Conference I actually was just studying that this morning and what really stuck out to me was that we need to prepare ourselves to listen to the prophet so that the spirit can testify to us that what they are saying is true and then we can go and apply it afterwards. Can you believe its already almost conference again? I´m SO excited! Getting the conference liahona is the highlight for everyone here in the mission! I love it!
 
Some miracles? Well we are having the (un)fortunate problem of seeing a LOT of miracles when we go to other areas, but we are having a hard time in our own. We set a fecha, we found new investigators, we taught lots of people in other areas and then we try to apply the same things here and aren´t seeing too much success. But i have a good feeling about a few of our investigators right now, so stayed tuned!
hey funny story about Brad Wilcox. Did you know the hermana whose spot I took here in Dos Hermanas is named Hermana Wilcox? Do you wanna guess who her dad is? Moral of the story: Yes, I´ve read that talk.(on grace-Alex used it in a lesson on the 16th) She gave it to everyone she met here! it's super good!
My scripture for you is Enos 1:1.  Being here and meeting all these people from broken homes without the gospel makes me feel so grateful for the parents that we have!
love yall! have a great week!! hermana folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment