Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 3

 

 Me and my first two companions!
 
Mission Leadership Council
 
Heyo familia! How is everyone doing? Holy moly I miss you guys loads! This week has been a long, crazy, busy, but FUN week! So I can´t believe that its only been a week because I swear its been longer! I´m still working on getting to know the area and the people and earning the trust of these people, but I´m feeling better about it all now!

Cool miracle of the week, L! L is a chinese woman who moved here to Spain in November. Her husband and daughter are living in Madrid going to school and working and she is here in Dos Hermanas working. She doesn´t speak very much English nor Spanish but she is so sincere and I haven´t felt the spirit so strong in a cita(discussion) before. It's funny because she doesn´t understand us very well so we are literally just teaching her one principle at a time and in really simple terms, but she really wants to know. Like as we were explaining that God is our loving Heavenly Father, she was like, "Does he know when I´m sad?" and I looked at her and just said,. "Yes, yes He does. And he also knows when you are happy. And when you are sad, He is sad. When you are happy, He is also happy!" And she was so surprised but loved that. She says she´s never felt like she had somebody to share things with like this and she was excited to share things with her Father in Heaven through prayer. So amazing and really sincere and sweet! Its been building my testimony of the simple truths of the gospel and even things as simple as God is our loving Heavenly Father! I love her.

SUPER COOL! We had missionary leadership council on Monday and Tuesday, so we went to Malaga on Monday and spent the day seeing missionaries there and going around my birthcity! (in the mission) MLC is different. There is a cool, really excited spirit there being gathered with all the leaders in the mission and the greatest part is this: Hermana Johnson and Nielsen are companions and also SHE´s in Alicante! SOOO I got to see BOTH my moms! I had this moment where I felt somebody hug me from behind and I was like, "Hermana Nielsen is near." Seeing them really buoyed me up and was so much fun!

RANDOM THINGS
I CAN GET TO THE CHURCH NOW! Hahah woo! Its interesting because president talked all about obedience today in the missionary leadership council and it's really fired everybody up to rededicate themselves to exact obedience. I love the focus that there is on the work of salvation right now.
Our ward has a thing where at 10pm every night, ideally all of the members are kneeling down and praying for the work to progress here and pray over a list of investigators that the ward mission leader sends them! Super cool idea.

The area is pretty cool, but we are having a bit of trouble with investigators that are progressing but we want to work on that. They haven´t had a baptism here in MONTHS but we really want to work on new, progressing investigators! The ward though is AWESOME! They are so much fun and so loving! I really enjoy it!
My scripture for you is D&C 1:38. This is kinda cool, we have the opportunity to hear the voice of God through his modern prophets. We have a living prophet! WOAH!

 Love you all so much and am so grateful for all ya´ll! LOVE YOU!
Hermana (very tired) Folsom

 

No comments:

Post a Comment