Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 24th

Eating the paella we made

What a crazy, fun, miracle filled week! I don´t even know where to start. How about... L!
L is so cute. We met with her yesterday afternoon and she goes, I have something to tell you, but I don´t know how to say it. In my mind I was like, ON NO SHE IS GOING TO DROP US!! And then she goes on to tell us about how she was talking to her motherinlaw about us and she was explaining that a lot of people in China are buddhist and how her mother in law is really buddist and then she says the cutest thing ever, she goes (this is a direct quote) "In China, many buddist, Religion hard there. But I want to knowledge about Jesus Christ." AHHH SHE IS SO GREAT! She makes me so happy. We explained that the big difference between us and buddism is that we believe in Christ and we explained simply who He is and what He did and she loved it. 
Also, when I was on intercambios with an Hermana from Huelva, we were visiting somebody that I hadn´t really met with in all my time here in Dos Hermanas, but his name has been on our board, S. He is Russian and has been in Spain for 6 years and his girlfriend, O, has been here for 2 years. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and he goes, "I would like to know if this is true. How?" Okay PERFECT question! So we explained the promise in the BoM and invited him and his girlfriend to baptism and she said yes! He said he wants an answer before he commits to a date, but she said yes! what is it with all these people who don´t really speak Spanish nor English being so golden! I hope they understand us.
 
 
RANDOM THINGS
I tried clam, oyster and squid this week! We made then ate paella with Lo, one of our favorite members here. I had to behead, shell and prep the shrimp then they had me try mejillones (it's oyster I think?) with just lemon and salt and then we put all of that in the paella with squid and everything. It was really good but REALLY seafoody. I don´t think I´m the biggest fan of mejillones. I have decided I prefer fish to mariscos. But I am willing to try anything now!
 
Hahah we still teach a LOT of English, people here are crazy about it. Its our number 1 way of finding investigators!
 
It's interesting that you say to be diligent and obedient because in my last interview with President, he gave me the promise that if I am diligent and obedient in this last half of my mission that I WILL see success. I want to feel like I´ve done everything I need to before my time here in Spain is done.
 
I was here in Dos with Hermana Daines and she told me her 3 goals for the mission and I LOVED them: 1) Be changed 2) No regrets and 3) Testify of Christ. They completely encompass what I want out of the last half of my mission. LOVE IT!

Most of the elders are my age or younger now. We are always with them and do a lot together, it's fun. We are like a little family. When you are the only missionaries in a pueblo, you get to know each other pretty well.  They told us we are like elders.
 
I LOVE my mission president. He is chill, but takes this seriously and he´s a really great guy.
 The areas that we cover are Sevilla, Huelva, Cordoba, Valdepeñas and Jaen for the Hermanas. We have to travel pretty far but its cool to see other parts of spain and meet other Hermanas.

My scripture for you this week is Matthew 25:21. I want you to imagine yourself at the judgement day and Christ is saying this to you. Wouldn´t that be incredible? That's what I want to feel like at the end of my mission, like I´ve been a good and faithful servant. Also while you are there, read the whole parable. It's interesting because the servant that went from 5 to 10 talents received the same reward as the servant who went from 2 to 4. To me, this is proof that the Lord doesn´t compare us to others, but to ourselves. HE cares about our personal progression!
Love you all so stinking much! have a great week!
Hermana Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment