Sunday, July 13, 2014

June 23rd

Yes, its the moment we´ve all been waiting for. I´m leaving Dos Hermanas. When President called, he said he was surprised I answered, he thought I was going to have turned off my phone. It was seriously considered beforehand actually... SO... I´m going to Fuengirola! To President´s ward. Holy moly that is some PRESSURE. Hermana Deere said she´s excited to get to see me and President keeps saying stuff like, See you next week! I´m probably going to finish my mission there which is weird, heading out to my dying area and with the Deeres! I am really bummed to be leaving Dos Hermanas but I´m excited to go to Fuen. It will be a different, fun change I think and I really feel like this area will help me to focus and work hard throughout the last third of my mission.

As for here in Dos, we didn´t get to spend much time in our area this week, we had to do 2 intercambios before the transfer so we spent a total of 2 days together in our area this week. But somehow during those few days, we managed to get dropped by EVERYONE. Li.. told us she can´t see herself converting to Christianity and that she feels bad wasting our time. M.. said she can´t get over this whole gay thing and that she´s decided she can´t continue. Po.. went to France. P... answered the phone, realized it was us and goes, "Oh! Son las mormonas." and hung up. I feel SO BAD that I am leaving the area like this for Hermana Blake... It's a mess. I don´t know whats going on but there is a curse on Dos Hermanas or something. Seriously, everytime somebody is really excited and learning a lot and showing a lot of interest and really gaining a testimony, BOOM all of a sudden they want NOTHING to do with the Church or us or anything. I DON´T GET IT. Somethings gotta change here...
 
In other news, L..´s less active husband is ACTIVE now! He´s the new Sunday School president, and despite his Parkinsons, he comes to church every week and is involved and active again, for the first time in like 20 years! He was the worst one to say goodbye to, he was actually really sad I was leaving and made me promise to talk to them when I am back in the states. Their family is my family here in Dos, I´m going to miss them so much!
RANDOM THINGS
It's weird leaving Dos cause all the members keep asking how much longer I have in the mission and when I say 6 months they all go, "You are going to finish in fuen then." And it's weird, but I probably WILL! Going to my dying area sounds like I have NO TIME left. But 6 months is a lot of time and a lot can happen!
 
Everybody keeps talking about the new king, apparently he´s more conservative than the old one so they are nervous.Some rumors I´ve heard is that he was secretly baptized years ago and is actually a mormon and that his mom will only allow members in her staff.  I don´t really believe them but members are holding onto hope that our king is mormon.
I am a firm believer also that when converts are baptized, their ancestors are in the spirit world cheering and shouting for joy and are waiting for them to do their work, it's so cool! Hey well my scirpture for you this week is 1 Tim 4:12, I love that it says that we should be examples in everything, in word, conversation, purity, spirit, faith and charity. People should be able to identify us as disciples of Christ by everything that we do and say. Our actions should reflect our committment. I love you al! Have a great summer (HAGS). LOVE YOU!
LOVE YOU!
Hermana Folsom


    No comments:

    Post a Comment