Sunday, July 13, 2014

June 30th

 
I feel like it has been YEARS since I last wrote you guys! I am now in my new area in Fuen! Its really odd being in President´s ward- his son gave a talk in church yesterday and I sat by Hermana Deere in Sunday School. Odd stuff, man. Its really beautiful though, right by the beach, lots of tourists and a lot of sun. Our building is SURROUNDED by pools. Oh my gosh its a terrible temptation. We leave our building and right in front of us is the entrance to the pool, wide open, calling me saying, "BECCA!! COME SWIMM!!!!" and I say, "I AM OBEDIENT, NO!!!!!!" Its okay though.
 
IT was really hard saying goodbye to Dos Hermanas. I have grown the most there and learned so much. The people there are incredible too and we saw so much growth in the area. Some cool highlights from my goodbyes are that I was feeling really bummed about not having any converts in Dos Hermanas and we were going to go say goodbye to a family of investigators, M. I.. and A.. and their kids, and when we got to their house, they told us that everybody was over at G..´s (the member who gave us them as a referral). We went over and they had thrown me a surprise going away party!! It was so perfect and so Andaluz. Then, we ran over to P..´s afterwards and he told us that he and M.. are seriously thinking about marriage and that they want to be members. Also W>> wants to be a missionary.  I miss that place so much and cried my little heart out all day Wednesday, but I am growing to love Fuengirola and working hard to build up this area.
Also cool, I already know some of the members! J..., a JAS (young single adult) who is preparing for his mission right now and goes out with us a lot, he served a mini mission in my district during my first transfer- a year ago! I already knew him! Also one of the families that fed us every week while Ï was in Málaga just moved to Fuen 3 weeks ago. We had the coolest reunion yesterday at church!
 
RANDOM THINGS
My companion is Hermana Lionetti. She is from CA and is in Hermana Blake´s group. She´s a great missionary and we get along really well!
 
It was AWFUL saying goodbye to Dos Hermanas. I feel like such a different missionary leaving there than when I came there, I have grown up a lot, learned a lot about this work and myself and how I work. I feel like all that hard work and tears there were preparing me to come here and just hit the ground running and be able to apply everything I´ve learned and internalized up to this point here and just GO! I feel a different, more hastened energy here, I don´t know, its hard to describe. Our area is pretty solidly middle class I feel like. We have people from all over, there are a lot of south americans here too, I´ve missed that. I love comida latina. My replacement was Hermana Moreno, she is the sweetest hermana in our entire mission so they are going to do work. She´s also the only spanish hermana!
Love you all very much! have a great week! LOVE YOU!
Hermana Folsom
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment