Sunday, July 13, 2014

June 16th

HELLLLLOO family! I am so jealous taht you are all together right now! NOT FAIR! ENJOY it and eat lots of good food for me!!
On Saturday, we got to go see the new capilla here in Dos Hermanas with some members on our way back from a baptism. When I arrived here, the capilla was just framework and some dirt, but you could see the outline of the capilla and the potential it could become. Now, it is completely finished outside, it is a beautiful, majestic and really special building now, you can feel the spirit just walking around the gate. It was a special experience seeing it with members because they explained to us how long and how hard they have been working towards having their own capilla here in our little pueblo. When I got to Dos Hermanas, the work was really slow too, we had some investigators, but they weren´t progressing but like the capilla, they had a lot of potential. Now, 3 transfers later, we have seen a HUGE change in this area and have some incredible people we are teaching who are seriously investigating the church and really progressing. Sometimes, when I think of the new capilla, it makes me sad because after hearing about it my whole time here and seeing such a big change, I won´t get to see it when they open it, I won´t get to see it filled. I was beginning to feel the same about this area, the thought of leaving makes me sad because I have seen such a huge change and it is now like the completed, but empty capilla, the next step is to fill it. The people we work with are all to the point where they just need to take the next step and be baptized, and I really hope that I get the opportunity to stay here a little longer and see that happen!
 
WE GOT TO DO SKYPE FOR LI..!! We skyped a chinese sister from the temple square mission yesterday and she taught Linda in chinese! It was so cool and she really opened up to her! We are going to start doing this every Sunday now so she can progress better. But she came to church for the first time yesterday and LOVED it! She said it felt really comfortable and warm.

RANDOM THINGS
I read an interesting article in this month´s liahona yesterday. It talked about if our preterrenal selves had written letters to our mortal selves, what would they say? The example one said, "It is my greatest desire to be a disciple of Jesus Christ, to share His gospel and to be part of an eternal family. Do everything possible to make it happen." It's interesting to think that every single one of us chose Christ´s plan before. Elder Scott said in the last conference that "trust that given the chance, we will chose so again." I love that! We all honestly want to follow Christ and that is why we came here, so now LETS DO IT!

Hmm a funny story? We were knocking doors the other day and the man told us to come back later when he wasn´t cleaning, so we wrote down his info and then I turned to walk back down the stairs and BIFFED IT and he opened the door again to make sure I was alright and suddenly we saw that his wife had been hiding behind the door the whole time we had been talking... awkward.
I wish I could go back to high school with the knowledge I have now of how to share the gospel. Just INVITING makes a huge difference, you would be surprised how many people are really interested in learning about the gospel. You could invite them to seminary or to a noncommital meeting with the missionaries cause a lot of people don´t understand what we believe and are usually willing to have a first meeting. just an idea.... Practica, saying: "hey, thats a great question. I don´t really know how to explain that but our church actually has people called and trained to answer questions like that. They are the missionaries. Maybe one day you and they could come over to my house and they could just explain that to you, no committment but you can chose to listen to them more or not." FACIL.  My scrip for you this week is ephesians 6:11-13 I like the difference between withstanding and standing against. The armor of god helps us withstand the blows of the adversary, and also defend by standing strong. It's a cool chapter. Study it.

I LOVYOU FAM! have a great week1!
hermana folsom


    No comments:

    Post a Comment