Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Another week in the MTC

HAPPY THURSDAY!! Its eveyone´s favorite day of the week again, or at least I hope so since it means you get letters from your favorite sister missionary;)
Anyways this week has been really short… I ENTER THE FIELD IN A WEEK AND A HALF!! This is so crazy how quickly this is all happening. I feel like I just left yesterday and now we have our last full week next week!! Alrighty so my highlights of the week:
My companionship was assigned to be the Sister Training Leaders over the MTC last Thursday night. Basically our duties involve making sure the sisters are happy and healthy and then relaying any messages from President Sitterud to the sisters. We thought that this wouldn´t be too much, just you know making sure we talk to the sisters and it seemed like it was going to be pretty uneventful. The first day in our new assignment, one of the sisters sprained her ankle really bad during an excursion and its actually really swollen and the whole side of her foot is bruised! Then another sister had an appendix scare a couple nights ago, so we spent most of that evening with her. Its crazy! Haha never assume something is going to be uneventful… But really it’s a cool assignment because we get to interview with all of the sisters individually this week and its really such a fun and cool experience. Spain is getting some really STELLAR sister missionaries! Even though the purpose is to check up on them and see what WE can do for THEM, more often than not, the sisters are asking US how we are doing and seeing what they can do to help us! Seriously its awesome. Hahaha and we all get along super well! Last Thursday night we had a nails night before bed. It's so fun being all together and knowing every single sister here!
Saturday in the park, and Thursday was the 4th of July! (sing it with me…) Hahah but really Saturday was awesome! We were led to 2 different people who were totally prepared to hear our message and very anxious to know more. One man even asked us questions that we could answer with the Plan of Salvation and it really touched him, I could tell! A funny story from Saturday though, this old man saw me and my companion  and he got so excited to hear we were American. He kept on telling us how pretty we are and how it was a pleasure to get to see us! Hahah then he starts pulling out pictures of these young men in US military uniforms and is asking us if we think they are handsome. Turns out his grandsons are coming to visit from America next month and he thought we would be PERFECT to set up with them!! Haha old men matchmaking in the park…
This week was HOTTTTTT!! They wouldn´t let us go play futbol outside on Saturday because of the heat wave, so we went to the stake center and played volleyball and basketball with the members. This one little boy kept on following me around and they just all wanted to play with the missionaries! It was so fun interacting with the members and made me so anxious to get out in the field!!
One of my favorite things every week is music hour on Sundays. Elder and Hermana Sullivan (they have the blog) were both in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (him for 18 years, her for 8) and so he conducts our missionary choir and she accompanies. I LOVE IT!!! It really is my favorite time just getting so sing and make music! I´m the highest soprano so I get to sing above everyone else and it just makes me so happy. Haha I feel like such a dork, but I smile the whole time and I look forward to it all week! Then, we go outside and perform our music which is also so fun because all the senior couples and members come out to listen to us and even some nonmembers come out and the Madrid missionaries talk to them!
Lately, a lot of youth groups have been coming through and taking tours of the MTC during their temple trips and the MTC presidency LOVES to show us off! We have a little music set put together so we sing for them, and then President Sitterud likes to show off that his missionaries know Spanish, so he has the Intermediate missionaries bear their testimonies and guess who is the one sister missionary he decided to pick on? Hahah no but it was fun getting to talk to the youth and explain to them why I wanted to serve a mission.
The MTC is incredible, I haven´t reached that point where I am just sick of it yet, but its probably because we get a lot of opportunities to leave and do other things. BUT I am getting more and more excited each day to go out into the field and start using what i´m learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment