Thursday, July 18, 2013

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Holy Hannah where has the time gone?? It is already my last week in the MTC and I leave for the field in a matter of DAYS! I feel like just yesterday I left for Spain and now i´m getting ready to leave for MALAGA!! This week has gone by way too fast but here are the highlights:
On Thursday, we watched a “Jeffrey Holland Classic Devotional” called don´t you dare go home. I´m pretty sure every missionary ever has seen it but it is so good!! HE is such a powerful speaker, especially when he is talking about missionary work. It really riles me up! Hahhaa but really. I love what he said and I really think this applies especially now to younger missionaries “we´ve got to be bigger, better, older and bolder!” and then he told us to grow up. Hahah! So the other day, I was talking to my companions and I said “Go big or go home right?” and one of them said “DON’T YOU DARE GO HOME” So I was like, “Guess I gotta go big then!” and that is just one example of the bad jokes going around here right now… we are ready for some outside influence of the members!!!!
Saturday in the park (seriously I always have that song stuck in my head when I talk about it!) was definitely my best Saturday so far! We actually got to be with our own companions this time and it was AWESOME! The energy going into it was so incredible. We kept on joking that we renamed the lake in the middle the waters of mormon and that we would get a chain of elders baptizing. Haha it was awesome! We talked to anyone and everyone and actually my companions and I had a lot of success. Funny story, on the way back on the metro, I sat by this lady reading something on her kindle and so I asked her what she was reading and she got really sheepish and like wouldn´t answer my question directly, saying stuff like, “that book that all women are reading now” or “you know a woman book” and I was like DEAR HEAVENS PLEASE DO NOT BE READING FIFTY SHADES OF GRAY! But she was. Haha that was so awkward and all my thoughts of transitioning into talking about the book of mormon were completely gone. So completely awkward.
On Sundays, they have got to be my favorite! I love the devotionals and the firesides, but like I think I said before, my favorite time is singing hour!! I look forward to it all week! I love just singing my little heart out. And elder Sullivan picks songs that have really fun soprano parts. I didn´t realize how high my range was until I looked around and no other sisters were singing up there with me. Elder Sullivan stopped and commented on my “powerful soprano” and I turned beet red and could not formulate a coherent sentence. Hahah I was so embarrassed to find out I was just jamming and nobody else was with me! but I continued to sing and sing loud and proud! So its ok I supposeJ
With this being our last week here, we are finishing up lessons with our “progressing investigators” and it’s a little bittersweet. it is making me so excited for next week getting to go out and actually teach!
On that note, today being our last pday here we decided to celebrate it with BURGER KING! How American are we?? But we luckily missed the really… interesting… squid meal that the rest of the missionaries enjoyed!
So I know mom will probably be freaking out for info, so i´ll tell you what I know about Tuesday. I leave at around 6 in the morning and I am taking a high speed train straight to malaga where I meet with my president at around 10, then have lunch and orientation and meet my trainer and then we are all shipped out to our areas! If I can, i´ll let you know more info because I have some time to email Monday MAYBE.
So I have a few requests: JOKES. I AM SO JOKE DEPRIVED! Just stupid, silly ones please! I love jokes and I keep retelling the same ones hoping they will stay funny (so far not so good). ALSO would you send me the living Christ? I cannot believe I didn´t bring a copy… And one final request, I finally figured out who grandma has been talking about. Hermana Findlay is from uncle kent (I think)´s ward and she is my roommate but is going to Barcelona.
OH AND LOOK AT PAGE 107 OF PREACH MY GOSPEL I SWEAR IT IS BATES FROM DOWNTON ABBEY
LOV EYOU ALL AND MISS YOU ALL!! Stay strong and be good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment