Monday, July 29, 2013

Finally In Malaga

Hello my lovely family!! I am doing so great. I am serving in Malaga 3!! My companion´s name is Hermana Johnson, but I´ll give more info later.

So I got into Malaga around 11ish on Tuesday, we were herded to a nearby chapel and did orientation and ate until around 5 when they finally introduced us to our trainers!! You´ve probably already seen the pictures on the blog? maybe not though...
 
 

MALAGA 3 IS GLORIOUS! Hermana Johnson rocks. She has such enthusiasm and love for this people, this area and this work it is so contagious!! She is 20 from Utah and went to BYUI before the mission. This is only her 3rd transfer, but i´m her 2nd kid already! She is awesome really and so sweet. We serve in the Malaga 3 ward along with 2 other sets of missionaries (elders). And its crazy because even with the ward divided into 3 areas, there is still SO much work to be done! Our area covers the most rundown part of Malaga, La Palma and La Palmilla. We take care not to be in that part of our area late at night just because its got lots of crime. But all is well. I am falling completely in love with Malaga 3. The members are so kind and welcoming and SO excited about this work. There are a lot of people interested too! We do make a lot of contacts, but a lot of people come up to US and want to learn more. Most of our investigators are Nigerian immigrants. The Lord really is preparing people for this gospel!!

 

Haha okay so the ward is going to be divided next week. Our capilla is already really small for ONE ward, so with two Sundays are going to be hectic. But hey, that is definitely NOT a bad problem to have, right??

There was a wedding on Thursday and I´ll send pictures. The bride was very adamant that the missionaries come because most of her friends are nonmembers and her husband too. We did talk to a lot of the people there and I got to know the ward a little better.
 
There were 3 baptisms in our ward on Saturday (none ours) but we got to sing at it. I LOVE SINGING WITH HERMANA JOHNSON!! It was fun. Hahaha it was so cool helping out at the baptism too! Hopefully we´ll be getting one too soon with one of our investigators. Its kind of crazy because here a LOT of people have stopped me and asked how they know me and members will ask if we´ve met before. I had one girl shout across the street to know my name to see if she knew me already. We must have some distant relative here that looks like me or I met a lot of these people in the pre existence. Either way, I am certain I am where I am supposed to bee right now!!

 
Basically I have never been more sore and tired before in my life, but at the same time never been so happy and at peace with what I´m doing. THIS is what I´ve been waiting for and I know I´m where I´m supposed to be doing what I´m supposed to be doing. Its not easy, but its so fun!!


Our address: (send to this if you will be sending me letters sometime between now and in 5 weeks otherwise send it to the mission home just to be safe)
pasaje saturno 2 bajo 5
29011 Malaga
SPAIN

 It really is so wonderful here. Everyday I notice something new and realized I am here in this ward, working in this specific area, with this specific companion for a reason. It is so wonderful to know that I´m where I´m supposed ot be doing what I´m supposed to be doing. Oh and it doesn´t hurt that I´m getting a nice tan at the same time (i now am wearing my watch, even when its off! hahaha). Its pretty hot, like I basically just sweat all day, but I love it. AND it makes me more motivated to get citas(appointments) so we can sit and teach people in their pisos!! Oh and they have these treats here that I think you would love, napoliteanos. They are SO good, kinda like eclairs but a little different. Oh and I will have to send you some of the recipes to try because I am absolutely falling in love with spanish food!! SO GOOD!!! We get ice cream kinda a lot here.. shoot i am going to get FAT!! I love spanish food, when the members cook for us it is my absolute favorite! Kinda funny, so when all of our investigators fail us and even our back ups, its a mission rule that you are allowed to get ice cream. We got it twice this week already... BUT its super good and super rich here. It does help the disappointment ease at least a little! Its taking my stomach some adjusting to eating at 8, then not again until like 2 but thats a HUGE meal, and then not again until around 1030. I am going to buy snacks so i won´t be so famished this week! Oh and our schedule IS different because we are in Spain. remind me next week to describe it!!

Yes, Elder Ward was actually one of my good friends in the MTC and luckily I´ve been updated pretty regularly on his conditions. When Sister Deere and the members found out that he´s my friend, they have all made a special effort to let me know, haha they even let me watch the cnn clip of his interview! What a cool missionary experience for him:) He´s awesome and if anyone could bounce back from this, its him!

SO pretty much I am doing really well! I´ll have to let you know next week what is happened with my area with the ward divisions but I really love this area and this ward. LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE!!

Hermana Folsom

No comments:

Post a Comment