Thursday, September 18, 2014

August 18th

 
After fanny saved the day!!
 
 Searching for a referral... spent an hour climbing a mountain and the address didn´t exist. but we got this great view!


TWO OF MY FAVORITE MEMBERS FROM MALAGA 3!! Williams and Rafael, they helped me so much my first few months. They came to Fuen for an open market and we just ran into them on the street. TENDER MERCY.

S.., V.., A.., me and Hermana Hurtado. LOVE THEM
 
This week was GREAT. I love my hija. I love this ward. I love this work. We are seeing so many miracles together its so great, and we get along way too well, we spend ALL DAY laughing our faces off and working our feet off. Its so great.

First of all the miracles are LOS PERFECTOS. A.. and S.., that young couple from last Sunday that we met! We refer to them as LOS PERFECTOS because that is what they are- perfect. Everything we teach, they just get it and love it! S.. is getting to testify to his girlfriend all about the truth and how he knows this is true. When we taught them the Plan of Salvation, he told us about this activity they did when he was young in Argentina where they are given a stamp card and go around doing activities and for each activity they get a stamp. At the end of the night, they all were taken into the chapel where the chairs were set up in the 3 kingdoms and depending on what was stamped on their cards, they were "judged" and separated into the 3 kingdoms. In the end, of all his family, only his mom was sitting in the celestial kingdom and the rest fo the family was dispersed between teh terrestrial and telestial and he said that sight is somethign that has always stuck with him. It really got both of them and they both were like, "We want ALL of us to be there in the celestial kingdom together." Then they asked what the have to do to accomplish that. We talked about marriage and baptism and the gospel of Jesus Christ and A.. accepted a baptismal date for the 13th of September and they are saving up to go the townhall and get married!! Please pray for this little family! They came to church yesterday and the ward is obsessed with them! Our ward mission leader invited them over right then and there for FHE at his house later this week. They are our miracles. I really see S.. coming back and baptizing A.. himself VERY VERY SOON!

On Friday, as we were walking up the hill to our ward mission leader´s house for correlacion meeting, my sandal broke and I had to walk with only one shoe the rest of the way. After the meeting, since we had planned and set appointments for the rest of hte night, we didn´t have time to run back to our piso and change shoes, so we stopped by a dollar store and bought super glue and cheapo flip flops which I wore for the rest of the night. On our way from one cita to the other, my flip flops broke! We were going to meet a member to go to a lesson together and she was so worried about me! haha she even offered me the shoes off of her own feet! I refused, claro, and just walked very carefully with my broken flip flops. When the investigator we were visiting wasn´t home, and none of our backup plans were either, Fanny (the member who mind you is 72 and HILARIOUS) asked if we had anything set for the rest of the night. We had plans but they weren´t really firm so we went over to her house for dinner and she gave me a pair of slippers to wear. It was like a little refuge after the nuts day and my shoe drama, going into her little apartment and eating a tortilla de patata and talking about her conversion. This sister is probably my favorite member here!

RANDOM THINGS
Things are going really great, as you can probably tell from what I said above! S.. IS a priesthood holder, he´s actually a seminary graduate and was ACTIVE until he turned 18 and he is perfect for A.. because he is always answerign her questions and sharing experiences he had growing up in the Church. I can tell he honestly wants to raise his family in the Church, but he had forgotten that until we came along cause now he talks like a mormon again! I like that, talking about how his priesthood can bless his family, I think we will talk about that with him! He can totally bless his daughter!! We had 4 different eating appointments this week which is a LOT! and it's true, eating with members helps you get to know them and earn their trust easier.
 Fuen is great! Last week we played mini golf with the elders and this week we are hitting up the mall (don´t worry, I´m just window shopping, but my comp wants to hit up the rebajas) and then we are going to eat KFC!! 
 
I actually DID get to play the piano cause we were waiting for people to show up for english class and so while we waited the 15 minutes we felt obliged to wait until leaving, I played the piano and it was GLORIOUS. We had a lot of investigators at church yesterday, A.. came and M.. (the 12 year old from paraguay) and D.. (an eternagator who recently decided to take us seriously as missionaries, she´s come to church every week for 14 years but can´t be baptized cuase she lives with her fiance).
I had the biggest craving for them yesterday during sacrament meeting. I wrote in my notes yesterday I WANT MEATBALLS. When I am really trunky, I write lists of the foods I´m going to eat when I get home. At the top of it is EL TOREADOR always.
 
My scripture for you this week is alma 26:12. Its a classice but so true. WE are NOTHING in comparison to God and alone we can´t do anything. But wiht God, nothing is impossible. He can make miracles happen, he can make it rain and send fish in the middle of hte Sahara desert. He can change the heart of an inactive Argentinian to remind him of his covenants. He can make a 20 year old punk kid into a servant of Him. I know that this is His work and with Him at our sides, we can do anything.
LOVE YOU ALL!! doN´T miss me too bad:) LOVE YOU!

becca (hermana folsom)

No comments:

Post a Comment