Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 1st


I made enchiladas.
 
Holy moly the weeks are just going by faster and faster. I can´t believe its SEPTEMBER already.
Updates on S.. and A.. They continue being our miracle family. S.. earned the money this weekend that they need to send for his papers and as soon as they have those (it can take anywhere from 1 week to 3 months to come) they can GET MARRIED!!!! A.. told me the other day that she "wants to get baptized already!" Haha they are so great. A.. cannot get enough of the Church. She started indexing and doing her family history ON HER OWN! She has seen almost every video on mormon.org and she is sharing the gospel as well! They opened up their home for us to use to invite investigators in and they are inviting their friends to learn more. I am seriously obsessed with them. I have never met nor had the privilege to teach somebody like this before in my entire mission. They are incredible. They refer to us as "tita folsom y tita hurtado" to the baby even:)
I lost my hija. On Friday we did intercambios and the hermana who I was with got on the train to go to Malaga and Hermana Hurtado was supposed to get off that same train that just came from Malaga. BUT as the train pulled in, everybody got off, everybody got on, and the train left. And Hermana Hurtado was nowhere to be found. Mind you, I´m alone in a train station now. PANICKING. I called the office missionaries, the SHE´s, EVERYBODY and it turns out she had gotten off on the wrong stop, but didn´t know our phone number, but had a passalong card from being in Malaga, so she went to a locoturio nearby and called those hermanas and they called me. So I called the elders and they accompanied me to find her. Probably the most stressful hour of my mission! Haha but the good news is I HAVE MY HIJA AGAIN! I now know what it feels like to lose a child... oh man. I´m keeping a close eye on this one from now on! haha naw she felt so bad for causing so much trouble, so I couldn´t even be mad!

RANDOM THINGS
 
I´m feeling LOADS better now, since like Wednesday I´ve been doing well.
We have a lot of investigators that are really great right now, we have 3 different investigators working towards baptismal dates in September- A.., L.. and C.. (a 12 year old investigator from Argentina). And we are finding still! We are seeing a lot of success right now as we get to know and work better with the members. I have never received so many referrals before in my mission. Its so cool. One of the members commented, saying that she has had some friends prepared as referrals for awhile, but has been waitign for the right missionaries to come and she feels like we are the two that are meant to teach them!. The members love missionary work.
 
What you wrote about doign family history reminded me of this talk from general conference: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/live-true-to-the-faith?lang=eng I´ve become so obsessed with family history. The apostles have called my generation to do it and when I get home, thats my next mission!
What you said about the art gallery is incredible. Thats how I felt in Madrid when I went to the art museum and saw "Las meninas" and other pieces of art I have only seen pictures of! Sometimes I forget how cool it is that I live in Spain. I´ve noticed throughout my mission that I have phases where we teach people from different regions of the world. Cubans, colombians and ecuatorians, bolivians, spaniards, and right now its paraguay, argentina and uruguay. We are finding so many people from there! Its fun learnign about different cultures!
I was just thinking the other day too about how lucky I´ve been with my companions. I´ve gotten along with all of them.
 
The funniest story this week was probably Larry. The funniest part is that teaching is in English. There is something so odd about teaching in my own tongue. I really can´t do it. And when I feel impressed to say something, my impressions come in Spanish and I have to translate!! But he said he believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet because he´s seen visions of angels too and so he knows that Joseph Smith is "for real." I love africans.
AHha the first few days of the mission are killer, but now I could run a marathon. I decided I am in prime condition right now to be a tourist or go to disneyland cause i can walk all day and be fine as long as you keep me fed! haha
I love you all so much and hope you have an excellent week! LOVE YOU!!

Hermana FOlsom

No comments:

Post a Comment