Thursday, September 18, 2014

August 25th

Dearest darlingest family of mine,

This week went flying by, I cannot believe its already monday again. We did so much this week and saw really great miracles!

To start out, here is the update on S.. and A... They are perfect. Period. Haha we saw them almost everyday this week and they are progressing SO WELL! They fed us on Wednesday, came to English class Thursday, we had an FHE with them at our ward mission leader´s house Friday, Saturday came to a baptism and Sunday church. A.. is golden. She has read through all of the pamphlets and is marking them up like crazy, writing her baptismal date everywhere and even downloading the LDS app without anybody telling her about it! She has such a hunger for more knowledge about the Church, its so great. AND its really helping S.. because she asks him all sorts of questions and makes him pray with her and they are going through the Book Of Mormon together discussing it and learning together. The best thing ever was at the FHE on Friday, there was another investigator there too and she had questions about the Plan of Salvation, and A.. explained to her PERFECTLY the 3 kingdoms of glory and answered so many questions. She´s incredible. We keep joking with S.. that she´ll be the next YW president in our ward! She is so prepared and I know that the Lord has some really special things prepared for this family. They are preparing for marriage and S.. is preparing to be worthy of the priesthood he holds. I really can´t rave enough about them! I am so grateful for this opportunity to teach them. I feel like everything that went wrong in Dos Hermanas is going right here and we are seeing incredible things happening!

Haha as you can probably tell from the subject line, I´m sick. I woke up yesterday feeling awful but we were teaching the class for RS with Hermana Deere and I couldn´t let her down and we had 5 different investigators coming to church, so I said a prayer and told Heavenly Father I was going to church sí o sí, put on my skirt, threw my hair up and walked cautiously to church. Our RS is the first hour here and so right before, I asked the Elders and President to give me a blessing and I felt fine during the whole lesson, still hurting a little but manageable to teach. Then, right as Gospel Principles was starting, I started to feel really bad again and actually ran out during the middle cause I felt like I was going to vomit. Hermana Deere ran after me and took me and my companion home. I had been telling myself all morning not to vomit and I didn´t, but as we were walking into our piso, I suddenly realized I was free to be sick. And boy was I sick. I spent all day yesterday vomitting and sleeping, but now I´m feeling almost all better. We´re gonna take it slow today but not vomit so far! Haha the nice thing about being in Fuen is that all day I had people calling to check up on me and see how I was doing! It was an interesting Sunday to say the least...
 
RANDOM THINGS
We talked to S.. Monday and we had the most sacred experience with them, all four of us crying and really it felt like the celestial room in their little apartment as we talked about the ways he can bless his family with the priesthood and they made the goal to not just be baptized and reactivated, but to go to the temple and be sealed. IT was the right push that they needed that started the BIG progression! Really great miracle.
 
Before, here in Spain, only the Catholic and Evangelist churches had the authority to marry people, but about 3 weeks ago, a law was passed giving the authority to baptize to the LDS and Jehovah´s witness churches! We are just waiting for it to be finalized and then bishops can marry people! We are praying and fasting that this law be finalized quickly so that bishop could marry S.. and A.., but if not, the only thing in their way is the money as well. But they are working on getting everythign in order and the ward loves them and will help to figure things out!
 My week was good, busy and great! I am studying a lot of everything. Uhmm right now I am drawing a complete blank as to specific things but yesterday was the day of the Restoration. I read a Liahona about pioneer heritage and then we watched the long version of the Restoration and then Legacy (since all I could do was lay in bed and run to the bathroom) and it really impacted me all that our ancestors and the first members went through so that I can be here, in Spain, preaching the gospel. Seeing all the sacrifices they went through for the Gospel makes you realize just how important this message is. Its interesting to see that even though they were establishing Zion, it didn´t mean that they were free from adversity. In our lives, at the times when we are trying most hard to do what is right is when Satan tries the hardest as well to knock us off of our faith.

I had a panic the other day. Most of my companions go home this transfer. 3 down and 2 more to go. It's weird.
The closest thing we get to chick flicks here is the romance between Emma and Joseph Smith or in the Testaments, that little kiss...
 
Alma 5:27 and 28. I like that this asks if we are sufficiently humble and then asks if our garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ. A sign of our humility is if we have repented and been made clean because if we aren´t humble, we aren´t repentant! I love you bug and hope you feel better and have a great week!!

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Have a greaet week!
Hermana Folsom

    No comments:

    Post a Comment