Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 3rd

 
And the new companion is.....HERMANA KNOWLES!! She is really cool. She is from Boise and went to BYU-Hawaii for a year, but she´s going to byu after. I really like her. She is like ridiculously beautiful (everybody kee`ps calling her "La Mormona Guapa"). She is still learning Spanish, but is picking it up so fast. I really am enjoying having her- we have GREAT goals, work hard and have so much fun! And its fun having hermana andrus here with us.
Do you remember S.. from back when I got here? The guy who left jail and was really repentant, had a baptismal date and dropped us? HE´S BACK!! We met with him a few times this week and he is ready for the gospel right now. He accepted another baptismal date for november 22nd and is really progressing. He even told his friends from his old church that he is really interested in learning about the mormon church and finding hte truth. I love moments like this.
 
RANDOM THINGS
I´ve been having chili cravings, but it LITERALLY doesn´t exist here.  My food list: sushi, ivars, pasta, steak and potatos, thai food, gnocchi soup. Uhmm next week i´ll bring my list with me so you can get the full effect. I really want tacos too.
 
We´re now going through the new investigators deciding who is progressing and who is not and we are shifting our focus around on some people and off of others. Its great. I really have a great feeling about this transfer! My comp and I work great together and are just going hard on our area!! I honestly don´t feel like I go home in just 6 weeks. But I want to keep that feeling so I just keep working hard and focusing until the end. This is such a blessing training right now!

You better be grateful I already committed to going back to school in january because if not I would have asked to extend a transfer. I love my companion. Knowing already that we will only have this transfer together makes me so sad and seeing that she has her whole mission ahead of her makes me want to continue and do it with her too. So count your blessings that I can´t extend because I seriously considered it when I met the new missionaries!
 
This week i´ve been studying the war chapters in Alma and I´ve been comparing it a lot with the war with satan. What a big difference it makes when we are all unitied from the inside out and prepared, because the adversary cannot even enter into our territory. BUT the second we begin to let up and think we are alright, he strikes and its much easier to maintain your land than to win it back, so we should always be prepared!!
My message for you this week is one of my favorite scriptures righ tnow. D6C 128:15. Our ancestors are waiting for us and they need us and we need them. We cannot be saved alone nor can they. We all need to connect the links between the generations adn do our family histroy work and do their work in the temple. I know that the day that we choose to follow Christ, our ancestors began to REJOICE in teh spirit world knowing they became one step closer to salvation.
i love you all.

hermana folsom

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Folsom!
    We are super excited to see you in six weeks! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete