Tuesday, November 4, 2014

September 29th

I decided this week the top three things I am trunky for: 1) AFFECTION 2) iPhone. I keep having dreams that I get home and I use the same phone I have here on the mission and I throw fits until you buy me an iPhone. its weird. I guess I´m superficial. 3) Dad´s cooking. oh. I forget the REAL number one. I´ll call it 0) THE TEMPLE. Just so you can get a little peek into my head right now:)

On Monday, we witnessed the most beautiful thing ever. S.. and An.. invited us, the R.. and Je.. (a joven that comes with us all the time) to their house for FHE and S.. said he had a special lesson for all of us to hear. He opened up reading a scripture about marriage and then told us a little bit about his and An..´s story. Then he GOT DOWN ON ONE KNEE AND PROPOSED TO ANDREA!! It was so awesome. WE were all screaming and crying and she was more surprised than all of us. It was beautiful. I feel honored to have been thought of as one of the people that had to be there that night. I love this family. They should be getting the papers from Argentina TODAY and then all they have to do is ask for an appointment and THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED!! I am stoked. Then TO THE WATER!!!

Since we started doing a missionary FHE every Thursday last week, we saw some real growth this week! We had 9 people including the missionaries last week (ahhaahha) but this week we had like 20!! And they LOVED it, we played zip bong (the game where you can´t show your teeth) and they were all dying. Its cool seeing how excited people are getting about coming to church AND Ra.. came! We had talked to him earlier this week and he had told us that he was going to come if it rained on sunday and the Lord made it RAIN and he still didn´t come. Turns out he sold NOTHING during the 3 hours of church and said that clearly the Lord wanted him at church. We said, "you said it, not us!" it was great. He BETTER come to church this sunday or else...
RANDOM THINGS
 Get this: WE are doing a conference brunch at the mission home for everybody in fuen. I am STOKED. IT will be like being at home!
 
Okay one cool insight from my studies this morning: I was reading Alma 32 and LOVING this parable of the seed. But as I read v.35-36 it reminded me of another scripture I love a lot, 2 Nephi 31:19. Both basically say that after exercising faith, repenting and acting on this by being baptized that "behold I say unto you nay" it is not all! And then both chapters finish off talking about being patient and diligent to the end and WE WILL PRODUCE GOOD FRUIT and rejoice in the celestial kingdom. It was cool drawing parallels between two of my favorite chapteres in the Book of Mormon.
I had my last zone conference on Friday (they only do them every other transfer) and it was really good though- both President and Hermana Deere gave their talks in English which was different. but they said that they both felt they needed to. For me, it was a GREAT experience. I understand Spanish perfectly, but something about your own language just touches you. There are a lot of new missionaries right now so thats why they did it.
 
Wait what peruvian food is de moda right now? Sweet cause i am learning how to cook it like a maniac right now! one day I cook and the next day she does and we teach each other our foods. She´s pretty obsessed with my spaghetti carbonara and i´m obsessed with  EVERYTHING SHE MAKES! We eat rice at every meal. I feel like i´m finally serving in south america.
 My scripture for you this week is Mosiah 2:20-22. Even if we spent all of our time, talents, energy and EVERYTHING in serving and praising the Lord, we would not pay the SMALLEST part of what He has given us. WE really are nothing in compared to Him. We can do nothing in comparison to what He has done. But despite all that He could ask us to do for Him, the only thing He asks us for is our OBEDIENCE. In this perspective, I am willing to do anything for Him, I am completely willing to obey knowing that He has given me all that I have and am. I love this gospel. I love my Savior. I testify taht this is HIS work and that as we do it with Him, we will never fail.

I love you all so very much. I hope you enjoy conference as much as I am going to and that you learn SO much! LOVE YOU!!

Hermana FOlsom

No comments:

Post a Comment