Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October 13th

 This week was the feria of Fuengirola, aka it was a crazy week filled with horse-drawn carriages, flamenco-clad women  and NOISY but COOL attractions. It was a fun week, but interesting work-wise!

First of all... on Saturday I received a phone call from President Deere and... I´M GOING TO TRAIN... again. I´m going to start the training of a new hermana for my last transfer. Woah. Well this means NO being trunky for me cause you can´t be trunky with a newbie, you have to work hard and be nice. Haha President is a smart man.
We called Ra.. on Wednesday and he goes, "Hermanas, I´ve been thinking and I´m going to get baptized with you." WHAT?!?! Then he said he made a promise to God that his priorities from now on will be God, family, church and then work. HE IS INCREDIBLE!! The ward LOVED him yesterday and they are great. He has a fecha for this Saturday, so here´s for hoping that all goes well and as planned. He gave us this HUGE bag of gifts- he gave each of us these nice pens that everybody uses here and a bunch of stuff from his kiosk. He loves us and we love him! Hopefully next week I´ll be sending you teh pictures of the baptism!! He´s so cute, he goes "If I had to choose between winning the lottery and meeting you two, I would pick you both any day. I am so grateful you entered my life and brought me the gospel!" GOLDEN! He´s going to make a great member... SOON!
S.. and An.. got their papers this week!! They will find out on Wednesday the date of the wedding. i´m praying it will be SOON!! Pray for that too!
We went to the English branch yesterday and hearing church is English again sounded so odd to me. I actually didn´t like it. I don´t want to leave Spain!
 
We met this Nigerian man last week and met with him for the first time on Saturday and he had read the introduction of the BoM already before our lesson to prepare and he had a bunch of questions. when I invited him to come to church, he said no. Haha I testified and promised him blessings if he came and he still said no. we were getting ready to leave after the spanish ward and then I saw Uc.. inside with teh English branch! We ran back inside and sat with him during sacrament meeting. He liked it, but wanted to know why we don´t do worship and praise sessions. I was like, "Its really reverent here." He´s cool. We have another cita with him this week. here we go!

Something that Neil Maxwell said reminds me of what your mission president said, "the only thing we have to give to God is our desires." The only thing that He has not given us that we can give back to Him is our hearts and our desires. I really liked that.
I went to Malaga on intercambios this week and young couples from my ward when I served there a year ago all have babies now. Its odd seeing changes even during my mission!
I love you so much. Have excellent weeks! Live long and prosper.
Hermana FOlsom

No comments:

Post a Comment