Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October 6th

 
Conference was the best! We got to go to the Deere´s and had a conference brunch all us from Fuen on Sunday morning and we watched the Saturday afternoon session. I felt like I was in the states! We even ate CINNAMON ROLLS! Best day ever. I learned so much and I am excited to watch the Sunday afternoon session later this week (we have to watch it during studies...)
We met this INCREDIBLE couple this week. C.. is from Uruguay and L.. is from Ukrania and they are so humble and so prepared. She is 7th day adventist, but hasn´t gone to her church in awhile and when we contacted C.. in the street and he talked to her about us, she felt she needed to talk to us. We met at the church on Saturday and gave them a tour and they loved it. They felt the Spirit so strong. They are seriously golden. Just ONE problem. Go ahead. Guess it. THEY AREN´T MARRIED. Grrr.. Our ward keeps calling us the matrimoniadas (matchmakers, like the wedding girls) because we keep finding perfect people who just need to get married. Everybody is asking me on the wedding process here now! Hahaha I have fame here I guess! They are so humble and have an incredible knowledge of the Bible. I can already see them as members participating in Sunday School classes!
Ra.. is progressing like no other right now! He says he believes that the Book of Mormon is true. We had a really great lesson this week when we explained baptism and read about Christ´s baptism and he goes, "This is my next step, isn´t it?" And we were all, "YUP!" And so he said that if he feels peace at conference on Sunday that he will get baptized on October 18th. He called us a few days later and said that he made a promise to God that he will come to church! Then when we talked to him after Conference, he goes, "That was it?? I want more! It was too fast!" And he was so impressed by President Monson. AND HE FELT PEACE!! He´s getting baptized on October 18th:) I love that little old man and he loves us. He is like my Spanish grandpa. I can´t wait for his baptism!!
 
RANDOM THINGS
So we do english class at 7 on Thursdays when we teach English and share a message. Then the elders come at 8 and members and whoever else wants to come and we have a short message by us or the elders and a game and a snack. Its a chill FHE but its a really great activity that most of the areas in our mission do cause it allows investigators and less actives to come to an activity that is chill but still spiritual and gets them involved with members. Something I´ve learned on my mission is that good activities don´t have to be huge. Just that there is SOMETHING for people to be doing. But of course, the big activities are the ones you always remember, but small things keep people involved and happy! We don´t have church on conference weekend, but its actually better for people cause its later in the day (6pm) and so they ALL come and bring friends:)

My favorite speakers were Elder Kienghat (sp?) and his talk about spirit self esteem and also Elder Robbins and his question "Which way do you face?" I loved conference. We watched the women´s conference during priesthood but I didn´t have the option of watching in English since I was the only one which made me sad, but I´ll print and read President Uchtdorf´s talk in my language later. I LOVE my mission language, but the Spirit speaks to me better in English, ya know?
I COUNTED HOW MANY TIMES THEY QUOTED HELAMAN 5:12 TOO! They also quoted it int eh Women´s conference. Also they talked a LOT about how the 2nd coming is coming FAST and we need to prepare... now!

It's funny remembering my moments before making covenants with God or doing big things and it puts me in the place of my investigators. Often times we ARE prepared to do things like this and in the end it will GREATLY benefit us, but for some reason we are hestitant to just take the step and DO it! Investigators feel the same way. But once we´ve done it, we are like, "duh, why didn´t i do this sooner?" I laugh when I remember when I went through the temple. I received my call at the end of January and mom and dad made plans to come to UT just a week later to do a session for me to receive my endowments. When they made those plans, I was like, "oh my gosh. There is NO way I will be ready to do this in a month!" But mom and dad were both so supportive and helped me to prepare. I went to temple prep, I talked to my bishop and stake president and I seriously fasted and prayed and I found that when the date in february came to go to the temple that i WAS ready!
 
My thought for you comes from the talk by thtat guy from Uruguay who spoke in Spanish. I loved the question he presented, "What would you do if you were to have a personal interview with the Savior in 1 minute?" It reminded me of soemthing that I studied this week as I read the Book of Mormon, Alma 5:27, "Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently humble? That your garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to redeem his people from their sins?" We should always be ready.
I love you all dearly and hope you have an excellent week!
Becca!

No comments:

Post a Comment